Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So here is how my brain works...

I'm strolling the Fiesta ST forum, looking at power mods and what not, thinking about what to do with my new 2016 FiST in the new year, when I stumble across a thread titled something like "RS makes its official US debut". Curious, I click, I read, I click links, read more, watch videos, I drool and I go to the build site and start calculating... is it possible...?

This morning, two days after that fateful thread, I walked out of my dealer with a deposit on their last allocation.

Now this may come off as crazy and spontaneous, but there is a little backstory underlying the hasty upgrade... in 2012 I had placed an order for 2013 STI hatchback, and I backed out for two reasons, financial fear and pressure (whining) from a now ex girlfriend. Since then financial fears have faded and I've been better able to communicate my hobbies to my current girlfriend and have no complaints, from or with her. SO when I crawled out from whatever rock I've been hiding under and discovered Ford was coming out with a better version of my AWD beast hatchback dream, it was a pretty simple decision. Sorry STI, you've become pedestrian, and deeply sorry little Fiesta ST, but AWD and double the power is just too much to pass on.

Very excited for the RS (not so much for my monthly car note to be twice what it is, but I think the car will prove its value quickly :) )

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Welcome, Steven! I hope you got a good deal, with little or no ADM. But either way, it should be an a$$kicking car. There's a bunch of us on here from NorCal; I expect we'll have a GTG as soon as one or more actually gets their car. After that, lots of possibilities.

Jim

·
Registered
164 Posts
Steven,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your RS order!
Looking forward to when we can all have a Bay Area FoRS get2gether, tearing up the twisty mountain roads!

Ty

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hello from Berkeley, your neighbor across the bay. Right decision in my book, life is too short.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, Steven! I hope you got a good deal, with little or no ADM. But either way, it should be an a$$kicking car. There's a bunch of us on here from NorCal; I expect we'll have a GTG as soon as one or more actually gets their car. After that, lots of possibilities.

Jim
Thanks Jim! I was not able to get MSRP, sitting at a 5k ADM at the moment, but going to continue to hunt today and see what I can do, maybe I can find somewhere cheaper and get my guys to lower it, they were preeeeeeetty solid ("limited run, only have 3, herp derp" etc). I've already set up my justification system to cope with that ADM, but it sure would be a nice bonus to find a lower ADM or MSRP. Very glass to see balloons all over NorCal on the member map, can't wait for some great meets and drives! Hell, I'm ready now in my Fiesta ST haha!

Steven,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your RS order!
Looking forward to when we can all have a Bay Area FoRS get2gether, tearing up the twisty mountain roads!

Ty
Thanks Ty! I'm very much looking forward to that as well, I used to be into the BMW forums a few years back and we had some good meets and drives all over. Going to be lots of fun :)

Nice to see you on this forum.....I almost ordered Frozen White. I saw it in person at the Miami Car Show, looks very nice.
There ya are Guaji! Good to see ya over here too. I'm sure you'll be beyond happy with the NB, its an absolutely stunning color :)

Welcome and congratulations! Sacramento here. Do you have your DORA?
Thanks Chad! My Mother lives in Sacramento, we'll have to go on a ride when I'm up visiting :) Also... you wouldn't be Chad from the bimmerfest forums would ya?
IMG_1324.JPG

Welcome Steve and congrats!
Thanks EcoBoostin! Very much looking forward to the car and this community :)

Hello from Berkeley, your neighbor across the bay. Right decision in my book, life is too short.
Amen Maschoff, amen! Too short indeed, hope to see you at some of the future meets/drives enjoying life to the fullest!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks Chad! My Mother lives in Sacramento, we'll have to go on a ride when I'm up visiting :) Also... you wouldn't be Chad from the bimmerfest forums would ya?
Nope, must be a different Chad haha. I agree we'll have to go on some rides once we both get our RS's. There are quite a few of us here in Northern California and the bay area, I'm sure we'll all meet up at some point and go for a drive, it will be a blast! I'm very excited to be a part of the RS community.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, must be a different Chad haha. I agree we'll have to go on some rides once we both get our RS's. There are quite a few of us here in Northern California and the bay area, I'm sure we'll all meet up at some point and go for a drive, it will be a blast! I'm very excited to be a part of the RS community.
I figured it was a long shot, I know that other Chad had moved to Davis some years back and thought "well... maybe it is him and he moved to sacramento and is out of the BMW world...".

In any event, super stoked as well and looking forward to meeting the local community at events and the community at large here on the forum!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OH YEAH!!! Nearly forgot to mention I hunted down a significantly better deal this morning! I was originally set to pay a 5k ADM, but made some calls (to like 20 something bay area and beyond dealers) and found a dealer willing to drop their 3k ADM to 1500! two hours on the phone and an hours drive time to save 3500 dollars made my day.

The new paperwork:
IMG_1325.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
StevenP
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing