Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Steve and I live far, far away in Perth, Western Australia. I currently own 3 cars:
1. Subaru WRX STI Spec C tarmac rally car
2. Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
3. And of course my road car....2010 MkII Focus RS in frozen white

I have ordered (and paid a deposit) for a 2016 RS (blue)...hopefully they will arrive down under in the first quarter of 2016...that's unless all you Yanks snap up all the first production run!
I have owned Subaru WRX's since 1994.....a couple of years ago I purchased a 1999 Version 5 STi Type RA tarmac rally car and at the same time sold my STI road car and bought the RS...and I love it...nicer finish, nicer drive than the 06 STI I had and more of a head turner too! Last year I sold the RA ad picked up an MY06 STI Spec C tarmac rally car which has all the good stuff on it like Autronic ECU, MoTeC diff controller, Reiger suspension, AP Racing brakes and the list goes on...it is a fun car to drive!
But back to the RS ...it is standard except for a set of Eibach springs and a Milltek cat back twin muffler exhaust.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did the dealer have any information about release times for us down under?
It might just be time for me to go and find one near me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the dealer have any information about release times for us down under?
It might just be time for me to go and find one near me.
Unfortunately not...they appear to be more in the dark than we are!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum Nauli!
Thanks Dan...hopefully this forum will be the one stop shop to gather all info on the 2016 RS...even though you blokes have the steering wheel on the wrong side!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Unfortunately not...they appear to be more in the dark than we are!
They may be in the dark, but they have no problem taking your money. Let us know when they decide how much to charge you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The real question is which do you enjoy driving more? The RS or Spec C?? ;)
Any more details on the Spec C/your rally setup? You guys are lucky to get all the great Japanese performance cars which we never even heard of stateside..!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The real question is which do you enjoy driving more? The RS or Spec C?? ;)
Any more details on the Spec C/your rally setup? You guys are lucky to get all the great Japanese performance cars which we never even heard of stateside..!
Sorry, just saw this today! Given the RS is a road car and the Spec C a tarmac rally car, they can't be compared...but I did own a 2006 STI just before the MkII RS, so knowing what I know now I would take th RS any day...even above the current STI...the RS is better finished, has more torque, feels tighter to drive, turns in better and understeers less...

And the Spec C...obviously fully caged, Racetech seats, OZ Ultraleggerras with Yokohama A050 245/40/17, DCCD with MoTec diff controller, Autronic ECU with launch control, all VO driveshafts, plated diffs, AP Racing brakes, Reiger coilovers, built EJ207 2 litre with forged internals, twin scroll turbo, Spec C heads, cams etc....plus lots more little things...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts