Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Allo. I've been lurking this forum for months and just joined. I've been living in Manhattan for about 7 years (moved here to pursue my career, which has worked out quite nicely) and have been without my own car ever since. I spent the last couple of years agonizing over what car to get next. My last two were leases: a 2004 WRX and a 2007 STI. Loved 'em to death. I considered another Subie, a Golf R, and even looked at an unused EVO Final Edition earlier this year, but there were too many compromises with that, not the least bit was the lack of a sixth gear.

TL;DR: I just put down a deposit for a 2018 Focus RS in Nitrous Blue with a moonroof, and also threw in the winter tire and wheel package and the car cover (everything but the Cup tires). The dealer seemed like a straight shooter, and he always gets an allocation of Raptors and Shelbys (I can personally confirm at least a couple of occasions where this was true). He was actually the only guy this region who would let me test drive an RS, and it was a brand new 2017 model, too; we had to peel the plastic off the body and remove the spacers from the springs before taking it out. Anywayyyy, I signed a contract for the 2018 RS at MSRP, of which he has at least one allocation. I'm pretty psyched, and I'm basically planning the next stage of my life around this car - gotta move out of the city to a home with a garage, of course!

This forum has been incredible for getting me all the latest info on the RS, and I've been following all the praise and minor quibbles. I hope to leave some feedback myself once I have the car in hand. :cocksure:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats! Big decision on both the car and leaving manhattan. My NB is a 2016 vintage, but this month was the 1st opportunity to drive it. Very impressed thus far. I also learned a lot from the forums. The first few mods were cosmetic (roof and hood vinyl), but stereo (Rockford Fosgate), Borla exhaust, Steeds swap bars, Sparco race pedals, Rally Armour mud flaps and seat lowering (stock mounts) over the next 2 weeks. First oil change this week, Mobil 5W50 @ 2k km. Hope the wait is not too painful. JCG

·
5,608 Posts
:welcome2: to focusrs.org
:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I'm pretty psyched, as you can imagine! :rockout:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL @ "2016 vintage." Nice work with the mods! I am definitely going to look into mud flaps. Question - the Rally Armours don't require drilling, do they? Looks like Monotune has their own branded set as well, but it appears to be Rally Armours with the Monotune logo.

Hope that oil change went smoothly. Good luck out there! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts