Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am a current ST owner. 2013 Tangerine Scream ST2. I was one of the first 1000 people to order one. Picked her up in September of 2012. She is the most fun(est) car I have ever owed (so far). Just over 19,000 miles. It's my nice weather vehicle...

Have a truck for bad weather days. Two months ago, I got my first Ford truck, had 5 Dodge's and 1 Chevy before then. She's a new 2015 F-150 Lariat FX4 extended cab with the twin turbo 3.5L. That's a hoot to drive too!

I have been pondering on weather to go for the new RS or keep my ST... Well, I just went to our local dealer with my print-out from the Ford website and pulled the trigger for the Stealth Gray, base package. They are going to put in my order today. No money down, just a hand shake. In fact we didn't even discuss money. We should know by this Friday or next Monday if the order is excepted.

Wish me luck :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Greetings, fellow New Yorker! I hope your order comes through. I think this car will be a hoot, even (or especially) on a nice snowy day

·
Registered
520 Posts
Greetings! I'm in western New York and mine has been selected for scheduling. We should arrange an NY RS meet when we all get our cars :cool:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I also pre-ordered the ST back in 2012. I've been in love with her ever since:

DSC_1069bbbb.jpg

I put my order in for an RS back on 10/13 and I'm patiently waiting for my opportunity to carve up the mountain roads with her, here in the Adirondacks!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Name some great roads through the Dacks (that aren't generally busy). I haven't really ventured too far in, usually end up somewhere in Vermont and Northern Mass

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Route 3 to begin with. Great twisty roads with slow downs for little towns along the way. I'm from CNY myself but know the Watertown area pretty well as my family has a camp up that way.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings, fellow New Yorker! I hope your order comes through. I think this car will be a hoot, even (or especially) on a nice snowy day
Thanks braap! A nice winter race track on a frozen lake or pond would be especially fun!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings! I'm in western New York and mine has been selected for scheduling. We should arrange an NY RS meet when we all get our cars :cool:
Yes we should. I have a high school buddy that lives in Buffalo. I see him at least once a summer when we go to a concert. Last year it was Boston. And this past summer we saw Blonde. Both were fun to see!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Route 3 to begin with. Great twisty roads with slow downs for little towns along the way. I'm from CNY myself but know the Watertown area pretty well as my family has a camp up that way.
Route 3 for sure! From Harrisville all the way to Tupper Lake. My fav, although not in the Adirondacks, is Route 58 from Gouverneur to Morristown... Whenever I need a little spirited driving fix, I drive to Morristown and back, what a hoot is the ST. Can't hardly wait for the RS.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also pre-ordered the ST back in 2012. I've been in love with her ever since:

View attachment 2823

I put my order in for an RS back on 10/13 and I'm patiently waiting for my opportunity to carve up the mountain roads with her, here in the Adirondacks!
That sure is a pretty picture! Will your new RS be Frozen White?

Here's an old fall picture of my ST and my matching Kawasaki Versys.
Car Motorcycle 003.JPG

·
Registered
305 Posts
Name some great roads through the Dacks (that aren't generally busy). I haven't really ventured too far in, usually end up somewhere in Vermont and Northern Mass
Throughout that area, one thing you usually don't have to worry much about is traffic. Plus, the mountains contribute a lot to the beauty of the roads, but even more so are the incredible number of lakes and rivers that shape the many roadways up here. There really are too many to count, but here are just a few excellent runs within an hour from me:

Route 8 (Graphite Mtn Rd)
Route 4 (Ensign Pond Rd.)
Route 6 (Tracy Rd.)
Route 24 (Hoffman Rd/Irishtown Rd)
Route 4 (North Shore Rd)
Route 26 (Palisades Rd.)
Route 28N (Boreas Rd.)
Route 7 (Lincoln Pond Rd)
Route 18 (Forest Home Rd)
Route 9N
Route 10
Route 30
Hurricane Road
Glens Falls Mountain Rd\ Luzurne Rd

·
Registered
305 Posts
That sure is a pretty picture! Will your new RS be Frozen White?

Here's an old fall picture of my ST and my matching Kawasaki Versys.
Yes it will! And thank you, unfortunately the ST takes up most of my cameras memory card on a regular basis.

11025960_849562098461297_4472300044721285250_n.jpg

IMG_20150611_183737753small.jpg

IMG_20141213_122944734small_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
717 Posts
Throughout that area, one thing you usually don't have to worry much about is traffic. Plus, the mountains contribute a lot to the beauty of the roads, but even more so are the incredible number of lakes and rivers that shape the many roadways up here. There really are too many to count, but here are just a few excellent runs within an hour from me:

Route 6 (Tracy Rd.)
Route 4 (North Shore Rd)
Route 26 (Palisades Rd.)
Route 28N (Boreas Rd.)
Route 9N
Route 10
Route 30
Hurricane Road
Love 9N, not familiar with many others though - thanks! This is great :D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Route 3 for sure! From Harrisville all the way to Tupper Lake. My fav, although not in the Adirondacks, is Route 58 from Gouverneur to Morristown... Whenever I need a little spirited driving fix, I drive to Morristown and back, what a hoot is the ST. Can't hardly wait for the RS.
Harrisville is where our camp is. I look forward to the drive every time. For a real treat, take the North Shore road of Lake Bonaparte. It's down and back but a beautiful twisty road

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Route 6 (Tracy Rd.)
Route 4 (North Shore Rd)
Route 26 (Palisades Rd.)
Route 28N (Boreas Rd.)
Route 9N
Route 10
Route 30
Hurricane Road
I've been on some of those roads - fun for sure. I'll make it a point to check some of the others out - thanks for the suggestions:cool:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Harrisville is where our camp is. I look forward to the drive every time. For a real treat, take the North Shore road of Lake Bonaparte. It's down and back but a beautiful twisty road
Where's your camp? I have a hunting camp not far from Harrisville and my parents live year-round on the South Shore of Lake Bonaparte. I know the North Shore road quite well, fun road!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are some nice shots eyes4eveRS!!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Where's your camp? I have a hunting camp not far from Harrisville and my parents live year-round on the South Shore of Lake Bonaparte. I know the North Shore road quite well, fun road!
North Shore, North Shore Road, Across the street from sister island road. If you know of Bonaparte Cave, my family owns the property that leads to it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
North Shore, North Shore Road, Across the street from sister island road. If you know of Bonaparte Cave, my family owns the property that leads to it.
Cool! Have some friends on Sister Island Road and my aunt and uncle summer there too. I've been to Bonaparte's cave. Although, not in a while. Small world...

We should meet up next summer when we have our RS's.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Cool! Have some friends on Sister Island Road and my aunt and uncle summer there too. I've been to Bonaparte's cave. Although, not in a while. Small world...

We should meet up next summer when we have our RS's.
I'm still relatively new to NY so I haven't been anywhere near those places/roads. Only been to NYC and the tri state area, and of course west (Buffalo, Rochester, Niagara Falls). So I plan on exploring the Adirondacks and all those other scenic areas around central and the rest of upstate NY.

I went to Alleghany recently which was beautiful and has some decent mountain roads, as well as a few dirt roads so I can get my rallye on :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts