Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Stealth Grey Ford Focus RS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've ran through quite a few sports cars over the past three years but they are all so unique in so many ways.
I started with an 08 Z51 Corvette with super low miles back in 2018. Put 33K miles on it in one year and it was a great car!
Automotive parking light Sky Car Tire Wheel

Then I started my German car obsession. I've loved Porsche's since I was in high school and picked my first one up after trading in the Corvette. An 08 Guards Red Porsche Cayman!
I owned that car for a 3-4 months and bought an 04 911 C2 with higher miles. The 911 is the only car I ended up modding of all my cars. I put H&R coilovers with Eibach swaybars. The car handled way better than stock but the rear engine weight made the car harder to enjoy in the twisty roads like I enjoy.
So I went out and bought a 2013 Porsche Boxster with a PDK. This car was such an easy daily driver and turned heads everywhere. I put 275's & 255's on the car and it would leave all my friends Mustangs and Corvette's in the tight turns. But it was the first car I owned with a manual (it's for sale in Nashville if anyone is interested!) and I wanted another manual but 4 door car.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

I test drove multiple WRX's and the head gaskets worried the piss out of me. Plus the understeer on take off's was beyond annoying. My friend recommended the Focus RS and I found one in Nashville. I went out and test drove one and I remember the sporty exhaust sold me on the car. Plus the AWD and torque vectoring is ideal for the twisty roads I enjoy so much.

It's a 2017 Stealth Grey with 245 Conti DWS Plus on it for now. Looking at doing suspension and aero work on it later on to get as much grip as possible.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS, Chicago
457 Posts
Congratulations and nice looking RS.

I just sold my 1990 Corvette after 31 years of ownership. I miss the Corvette and sometimes wonder if I should have sold. I have never owned a Porsche but have driven many. The Cayman hands down was the best handling car I ever I drove. I really liked the 911 4S, wow was that fast. If I could find a home with more parking spaces I would like to add a Porsche and or a GT 500, wow that is so powerful it’s ridiculous, but unfortunately I like great handling cars like the Corvette and the various Cayman models and of course the GT500 because of the power, too bad it didn’t handle as well as the others I mentioned, basically it too heavy. The RS is one fun zippy car and I am sure you will like it, I like mine a lot.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Worried about head gaskets on WRX.....
Then buys an RS which are infamous for having the same issue.😄😄

Welcome....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Howdy and welcome! Heard there's some pretty good roads (twisty, turny, up and down) in TN-----and trails if you're into quading!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Enjoy The Baby Beast....Yeah Vettes are a blast...hoping to get into a C8Z some time in 2023...ps...check to ensure your HG was changed...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts