Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from Michigan! My name is Shelby, I am part of a Ford family. My grandpa and dad both retired from Ford and we all own Ford's lol. I recently sold my 99 Mustang, but I also drag race every weekend a 1965 Shelby GT-350 clone race car. It's blue with white racing stripes, runs 10.20's in the quarter mile with a 347 big bore motor in it. I have locked in my order for my 2016 Focus RS and I can't wait! I'm excited to meet all of you, any other Michiganders on here? This is going to be the longest winter of my life waiting for my new car as I'm sure you all can agree lol. I never know what to say in introductions so...that's all I guess lol.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not planning on driving it in the winter, the roads in Michigan are absolutely terrible with potholes and stuff and the salt just literally eats away at cars. If it were better roads and no salt, I would totally drive it like I stole it all winter long lol. I drive my dad's escape during the winter that has 4WD and heated seats and all that stuff that I drove during the last few winters instead of my Mustang so I'm planning on driving that lol. And thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not planning on driving it in the winter, the roads in Michigan are absolutely terrible with potholes and stuff and the salt just literally eats away at cars. If it were better roads and no salt, I would totally drive it like I stole it all winter long lol. I drive my dad's escape during the winter that has 4WD and heated seats and all that stuff that I drove during the last few winters instead of my Mustang so I'm planning on driving that lol. And thank you!
I am from central Michigan. Ya, the road here is atrocious. Will 18 or 17 inch wheel work on RS? Am thinking some kind of winter tire setup.

Just got a call from the dealer about going in to order one on the 14th. Not sure why 14th, heard the order bank is open on t he 12th.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am from central Michigan. Ya, the road here is atrocious. Will 18 or 17 inch wheel work on RS? Am thinking some kind of winter tire setup.

Just got a call from the dealer about going in to order one on the 14th. Not sure why 14th, heard the order bank is open on t he 12th.

Honestly, I would question why the 14th. I have one on hold with a written and signed agreement for an order, and my salesman will place the order with Ford on the 12th when the order bank opens. I've seen in a few places where there's actually a different wheel and tire option for winter. Someone on here posted an ordering guide that features the winter tire set up with a picture of the wheel. I can't recall what forum it's posted to though. If you've never had winter tires before, they are definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello All,

New member from Michigan as well. I pre ordered a Frozen White with RS2 package and black forged alloys and moonroof.
I can't wait for this car to get here!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm from MI and part of the Ford family too. Mine is NB, RS2, moonroof, and forged wheels at MSRP.

This will be my daily driver. Not sure if I can get by with the 19" wheels around here. Then again the Mustang has 19s and I haven't seen any bent rims yet. I do know that you can put 18s on because there is a winter tire option they are selling in Canada for $2K. But I'm not sure whether we can get it or whether I would if I could. Probably just drive it for awhile till I decide what to do.

So, come spring if you see a NB RS sitting in morning traffic on the Southfield that's probably me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wanna set up a group meet there on Monday when we all go in to place our orders? :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wanna set up a group meet there on Monday when we all go in to place our orders? :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I would join but as of now I'm not planning on going in on Monday. Talked to them, they are placing orders on Monday and will let us know once they get conformation from Ford. At least that's what I've been told.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congratulations!
If my deal falls through in Alaska I will try and get an RS in Michigan since most of family are from Oakland county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would join but as of now I'm not planning on going in on Monday. Talked to them, they are placing orders on Monday and will let us know once they get conformation from Ford. At least that's what I've been told.
Same here I was told of options over the phone and did deposit. Salesman said he will put it in and keep me updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to courtesy ford in the lansing area yesterday. The manager told me that i was the only one on the list on the phone. Went in and waited for 45 minutes. Dealer named Ron sat down said this is a limited edition and claim that the adm for most is 7k... i said i would only go for msrp. The dealer then said it was lower than what others were offering...

I said thank you and left. Not particularly happy about the misinformation. Pure waste of my time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts