Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Focus RS forum :welcoming:

I've been keeping an eye on the RS development and my interest and enthusiasm for the car has been growing exponentially. I haven't placed an order for one yet however it's likely only a matter of time. I've driven both the Fiesta ST and Focus ST and enjoy them both, however the additions to the RS are really singing to me. I've been diligently reading many of the threads on this forum and am impressed with the general intelligence and maturity of the members, aspects that can be rare with certain marque fans.

Let me show you some of my recent and current cars to give some perspective where I'm coming from.

My current DD: '15 MINI John Cooper Works. Does everything well but not particularly exciting.
IMG_7444.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

My current track & summer toy: '92 Miata Turbo, 2218 Lbs and 232 wHP on Penske's and Hoosiers. Gives cars with way more power a hard time at HPDE's.
RYE_0531 by Ryephile, on Flickr

WHRRI HPDE w/ 3 Balls by Ryephile, on Flickr

....and a couple previous rides:
RYE_0084.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

Killboy_highlightreel by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_8479.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

I'd appreciate hearing your feedback in terms of talking me out of the MINI. The interior is excellent quality and the handling is really great for a front driver but the steering feel and overall involvement is pretty low, like all current BMW's. I think it was an over-reaction purchase from the Abarth, which apart from a brilliant exhaust note was otherwise a simply a cheap car. Talk me back into my hot-hatch senses!

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well for one I'm a fellow metro Detroiter so if you get an RS you can hang out with cool people like me. :p

Really though, AWD, 350hp, AWD, 350hp... need I say more? I also sat in one and the ergos are very good. If you're on the fence I might let you take a seat in mine when it arrives.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for one I'm a fellow metro Detroiter so if you get an RS you can hang out with cool people like me. :p

Really though, AWD, 350hp, AWD, 350hp... need I say more? I also sat in one and the ergos are very good. If you're on the fence I might let you take a seat in mine when it arrives.
I would love to take you up on that offer! How about a post-test-drive beer on me?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sounds good to me! Although with the production delay at Saarlouis who knows how long that will be? :/

Mine is fully loaded btw, except the forged wheels. I'm planning on getting my own set of 18's from BRAID when the OE tires wear out, so forking out an extra 1400 for forged wheels in a size I don't want seemed like a bad idea. That and I prefer the look of the base 19s, multispoke or die :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good to me! Although with the production delay at Saarlouis who knows how long that will be? :/

Mine is fully loaded btw, except the forged wheels. I'm planning on getting my own set of 18's from BRAID when the OE tires wear out, so forking out an extra 1400 for forged wheels in a size I don't want seemed like a bad idea. That and I prefer the look of the base 19s, multispoke or die :)
The production delay actually sounds fairly minor. They'll get the right RDU's installed and the total delay will be less than a month, my best guess. Still in time for spring delivery. :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hey Ryan,

How did I miss this thread. Yes.... you need an RS. If for no other reason, that I need to see what you'll do with it. I'm bookmarking all kinds of stuff for ideas now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts