Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Heated steering wheel Wiring help

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Saempersun 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Picked up a 2017 Stealth Grey a couple months back. As one of the first mods I wanted to change the steering wheel and ordered a custom one (as pictured)
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

I asked them to add heated steering as I live in Canada and it’s a must for me.

So my question is, assuming the two red wires are positive and the black is negative, how would I add this to the existing harness?
It would need to be added to the steering wheel buttons correct?
Cable Font Auto part Wire Fashion accessory

Electrical supply Cable Electric blue Wire Slope

Green Eyewear Font Twig Wire

If anyone would know which pins are for the heated steering that would be a great help 😄

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice wheel I’ll folllow this thread as mine is wearing over time and might consider a replacement eventually.

Where is you car from I believe all the RS sold in Canada came with the heated wheel and the control/button is on the center console below the drive mode button…

#3 ·
BC! I should've specified that the car already has heated steering (not retrofitting like a lot of videos/posts seem to do). Retrofitting discussions didn't really help because they are just swapping the parts not actually depinning/repining so hopefully someone with this info can shed some light on this :D

#8 ·
So I’ve got my steering wheel in hand and the actual heated steering wire is not what I thought it was above. It’s the black/blue wire harness on the bottom. Anyone got any knowledge on which pins are which for the power/ground/thermostat? The wire had a TRW manufacturer sticker on it and I tried to research with no luck
Aircraft Motor vehicle Aerospace manufacturer Cockpit Airplane

Rectangle Wood Font Handwriting Hardwood

Hand Automotive tire Glove Finger Helmet

Automotive tire Safety glove Glove Sleeve Medical glove

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive design Vehicle brake

#9 ·
So I’ve got my steering wheel in hand and the actual heated steering wire is not what I thought it was above. It’s the black/blue wire harness on the bottom. Anyone got any knowledge on which pins are which for the power/ground/thermostat?
Here we've got 2 circuits - the first one for the heater and the second one for the sensor. And we've got 2 pairs of pins in the connector, each pair is of different size, and as a result, of different amp-rating.
So let's think just a tiiiiny bit, which is where...🤔

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.