Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can offer some insight here. I've been contacting a few local dealers to get my name on the list for ordering, but being 6'4", I am a little concerned about the headroom in the RS(especially with a helmet for track days). Will the 2016 Focus, including the RS, be a different body style from the current 2015's, or could I go sit in one on the lot and get a good idea of how I would fit in the RS?

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are many that have no issues in the ST's. Headroom will be the same which is ample imho.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Go try on an ST for headroom. Good reminder though, I haven't done that myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good to hear. Thanks for the info, all. Will be heading to the dealer soon, helmet in hand.
Have you had a chance to sit in an ST yet? I am 6'2" and am debating the moon roof, and I do not race. I sat in an SE Focus, and thought there would not be enough head room with the moon roof, but I am wondering how much lower you sit with the Recaros? In my EVO X you sit lower than the stock Lancer, soo....any body have any insight? (I'm ordering an RS not an ST however.)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I forgot to add my findings to this thread. I took my brain bucket and headed to one of the local stealerships. Tried a 2015 Focus ST (WITHOUT sunroof) on for size and had just enough clearance. The sunroof *allegedly* kills just shy of 2 inches of headroom. I haven't measured, that's just what I heard. I'm 6'3". Of course, it depends on how your height is distributed between torso and legs... so, really best to try one on yourself. Because of my situation, I ordered the car without sunroof. Little bit of a bummer, but one less area to leak. ;)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Something to keep in mind is that some people have long legs and some people have long torsos. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam. When I have my helmet on in the ST it touches the roof with the moonroof option, but it's tolerable.

EDIT: GoKart beat me to it.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
One of those few instances in life where I'm thankful for being 5'6" (5'7" on a good day) :) Good luck to ya'll

·
Registered
235 Posts
As someone already said, it depends on your torso, I'm 6'2 and have no issues in the ST with sunroof.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm fairly well balanced at 6'3" and 220lbs ..... Sat in an RS a few weeks ago - there is/was one at the local Ford plant so I took a quick trip - it had a sunroof and rs2 seats, I fit like a glove. Loved it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
for max. head & leg room go with the manually adjustable seats. Official specs will show same room but in my experience a power seat typically offers less travel. I currently own a 013' Boss 302 with manual Recaro seats and they offer significantly more room than a Mustang I sat in with power seats. Some of this can be attributed to the seat contour but mostly due to the increased range of motion.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm fairly well balanced at 6'3" and 220lbs ..... Sat in an RS a few weeks ago - there is/was one at the local Ford plant so I took a quick trip - it had a sunroof and rs2 seats, I fit like a glove. Loved it.
How was your head clearance with the sunroof? I'm 5'11" and a non-sunroofed ST gave me plenty of room, but sunroofs take away about 2" of headroom IIRC, so if you are adding a helmet for a track day, could be an issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 6' 8", evenly distributed, and fit well in my RS w/o moonroof. I actually fit in it better than the FJ I traded in! I thought for sure there was no way I could fit but lo and behold...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts