Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this on my car today, and to confirm the lights seem to work and respond as they normally should. So I suspect a false alarm, but it's still annoying to see an error light all the time when driving around. :/

IMG_20161229_165450.jpg

Online I can find similar references (can't post links though due to forum limits) boo... though no real fixes, except of course to make sure to top off the headlight fluid!
VoodooSoup4fc6776dacfa2.jpg

Any ideas? OBD is clean and clear, lights look good, not sure what's up?

·
Registered
190 Posts
This happened to me in my ST. The error only showed up twice in several thousand miles, and went away if I restarted the car, so I wasn't terribly concerned. I mentioned it at the dealer when I was there for an oil change, and when they did some investigation, they discovered that the BCM was faulty. They replaced it under warranty, and the error has not come back in the 80,000 miles since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happened to me in my ST. The error only showed up twice in several thousand miles, and went away if I restarted the car, so I wasn't terribly concerned. I mentioned it at the dealer when I was there for an oil change, and when they did some investigation, they discovered that the BCM was faulty. They replaced it under warranty, and the error has not come back in the 80,000 miles since.

Thanks for the feedback, it doesn't go away, but that gives me something to go look at and make sure it's good to go. - Cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Actually, this was something a lot of early ST owners experienced. It was corrected with a BCM reflash. Mine did it a half a dozen times in the first year, until I got the recall done. It never came back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same issue. I've got the warning 10-15 times. I can see how the headlight goes from left to right and can't decide where to "aim" and then I get the warning. I showed it to my local dealer and they found a fault in the right headlight and will replace it in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if it fix the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got this on my car today, and to confirm the lights seem to work and respond as they normally should. So I suspect a false alarm, but it's still annoying to see an error light all the time when driving around. :/

View attachment 111018

Online I can find similar references (can't post links though due to forum limits) boo... though no real fixes, except of course to make sure to top off the headlight fluid!
View attachment 111010

Any ideas? OBD is clean and clear, lights look good, not sure what's up?
had same problem was front right suspention sensor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts