Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I hope someone with actual knowledge of the RS wiring can provide an answer. It's exactly what I did not understand from earlier comments on this thread re the fronts and rears are on the same circuit. The idea that adding more resistors to the rear wiring solves the problem of the car seeing lower resistance from the LEDs suggests they would need to be in series or you would not get a higher overall resistance on the circuit? But, it just does not make any sense to me that it would be wired that way or a front bulb blowing out would take out the rear as well on that side if they are in series. It would, like wiring in your home, make sense for each bulb to be in parallel so they function independently. If that is the case, then adding more resistors to the rear set alone (whether added in serial or parallel with each bulb as described in prior post) should do nothing to stop the front hyperblink. But it would make sense per the directions you have that each bulb needs it's own parallel wired resistor? Help me out here professionals, I am relying on 20 year out of date electronics design coursework and have no idea if I am thinking correctly about this?
Thanks for the explanation. To be more clear, what I am wondering about is whether I need 6 Ohm + 6 Ohm = 3 Ohm (parallel) or whether I actually need 12 Ohms via the two resistors wired in serial. Based on the documentation included with my load resistors, the resistors are installed in parallel to the bulb for both the front and the rear, which leads me to believe that the resistors should be in parallel with each other than serial, but that is what I am not sure about.

Edit: here are the instructions from SuperBrightLEDs:

Q

21 - 22 of 22 Posts