Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 17 MY, purchased Aug '18. Build date Dec '16.
Fog lights are hazy. Seem dry in side the housing but both lenses have developed a film on the inside of the lens. Passenger side lens pictured below. I'm sure this is a covered item, but is this a common problem? Have an appt to get them inspected, then wait to see what Ford will do...

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
@FLBlue1265, Yes this is a common problem. You can see the swirl and the haze on both of my 2016 fog lights
I removed them to provide more engine compartment cooling, to save weight, plus I stopped using them since upgrading my driving lights.

I did take them to my local Ford dealer, they took a picture of them, sent it to Ford claims and Ford claims wouldn't replace them under warranty, they stated they weren't hazed enough.
20181201_084110.jpg 20181201_084839.jpg 20181129_183241.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
@FLBlue1265, Yes this is a common problem. You can see the swirl and the haze on both of my 2016 fog lights
I removed them to provide more engine compartment cooling, to save weight, plus I stopped using them since upgrading my driving lights.

I did take them to my local Ford dealer, they took a picture of them, sent it to Ford claims and Ford claims wouldn't replace them under warranty, they stated they weren't hazed enough.
View attachment 318500 View attachment 318502 View attachment 318504
Would love to know what the objective threshold of "haziness" is that Ford claims uses to distinguish between what is covered and what is not.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well damn. I was thinking about having two heat exchange's fabricated for that spot to help cool the PTU. Looks like this may be a thing then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts