Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it appears as if the brake light on them is starting to go, I have caught it being dimmer than it should be sometimes and had someone tell me it was out. Im not talking about the running light but that actual brake.

Are they serviceable in any way or we have to replace the entire taillight assy.? They didn't look serviceable when I installed but I didn't look that close. Kind of stinks as they are only 3+ months old.

Pic to show which one I have:

20171106_105156.jpg

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Unfortunately, the company that produces and sells these has a lot of issues in my experience, and their warranty is nonexistent. I would be surprised if you didn't have to replace the entire assembly (out of pocket).

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was looking at these not that long ago... this might sway my decision. Anyone else have any feedback?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow... Happening so early in the life of this hot new item. Sorry to hear about what you are experience.

And I'd have to agree with others, I wanted this set because of how awesome they look, but the quality and difficulty in replacing bulbs is discouraging.

Definitely solidifying my choice of keeping the OEM tails and going with the brightest top tier Diode Dynamics Tails, Turns, and Reverse.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Unfortunately, the company that produces and sells these has a lot of issues in my experience, and their warranty is nonexistent. I would be surprised if you didn't have to replace the entire assembly (out of pocket).
I really like the look of these, but lack of warranty has held be off so far.

OP, if you paid with a credit card, you MIGHT be able to make a claim for warranty via your card, failing all else. Many of my cards provide me a minimum 1 year, or additional year, of warranty automatically. Yours may as well, even if your not aware. Most all Visa Signature cards do, for example.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I really like the look of these, but lack of warranty has held be off so far.

OP, if you paid with a credit card, you MIGHT be able to make a claim for warranty via your card, failing all else. Many of my cards provide me a minimum 1 year, or additional year, of warranty automatically. Yours may as well, even if your not aware. Most all Visa Signature cards do, for example.

Problem is I believe they were only sold by the Focus RS shop, so they will take the hit from a CC chargeback, not hte crappy manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Those lights are usually the Spec D brand lights. This is their warranty:

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Spec-D warrants that its Products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase by the Original Purchaser. This warranty does not apply to any Products that have been subjected to misuse, mishandling, misapplication, neglect (including but not limited to improper maintenance), improper installation, or alterations.

I would think wherever you bought them would replace them for you where they are only 4 months old.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Those lights are usually the Spec D brand lights. This is their warranty:

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Spec-D warrants that its Products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase by the Original Purchaser. This warranty does not apply to any Products that have been subjected to misuse, mishandling, misapplication, neglect (including but not limited to improper maintenance), improper installation, or alterations.

I would think wherever you bought them would replace them for you where they are only 4 months old.
I used to work for a spec D vendor. All I can say is, good luck to anyone who tries to get anything warranty related from them.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Problem is I believe they were only sold by the Focus RS shop, so they will take the hit from a CC chargeback, not hte crappy manufacturer.
It's insurance for warranty, not charge back. An insurance company pays for warranty claims, not the vendor. At least that's my understanding.

·
5,608 Posts
I'll check mine this weekend.
No probs so far.

·
5,608 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts