Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
no... gonna wait a little longer.... also, I'll be far from home(on vacation for 2 weeks) on the 12th.

Honestly, I want to see some reviews before I plop down some money. I'm not worried about being able to buy one. I'm almost positive that if demand is greater than they suspected, they'll make more than 2000.

If not, I'll find something else.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'll be at my dealership when they open at 9 am next Monday. Since I have a government job, I conveniently already have the day off. It's almost like it was meant to be :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
o ****!! columbus day = ordering day
im off too. ftmfw!!
Yeah, I didn't even realize it until today either. I was telling a coworker this morning that I was going to ask the boss for next Monday off and she's like, "Um, everyone is off. It's a holiday". I had the same reaction as you. Woohoo!!!

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts
I'll be off. I've put a deposit and plan to be there when the order is placed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
In Delaware

I'm in Northern Delaware. I called the dealership I've been having do the recall work on my ST and they couldn't tell me how many were being allocated to them, they had no idea when the order bank opened, and they said they were going to mark them up at least a couple of grand.

No thank you. I'll keep calling around until I find a dealership that will at least honor MSRP. This dealership lost the ST sale to me because they insisted on selling me one they had on the lot which wasn't what I wanted instead of ordering me what I wanted. Seems they didn't learn their lesson...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put my deposit in today and have a purchase order for a Shadow Black RS with the RS2 Package, Sunroof, and Base wheels and tires.

Emailing with them this morning they started with a $5K ADM. I worked them down to just above MSRP. This dealer had an allocation of 1 car (I live in the sticks of NW CT) and I think it's fair to be the first to take delivery.

The guy I dealt with seemed to be up on the happenings of the RS. He'll be able to submit the order to Ford on Monday.

He admitted to me that they are getting one for now but that Ford hasn't announced if this will be a limited run vehicle or not. He mentioned the 2000 number but said he can't imagine that being all that comes to the States but he couldn't say for sure. He said the ST started off this way and now they can get whatever they want. So take that for what it's worth.

Don't just take ADM's as gospel and walk away would be my advice. They have $1000 of my money right now because they dealt with me reasonably and wanted the car to go to someone local, in fact they asked me where I lived in the 2nd email.

I've never used this dealer before but I was happy with my experience. I even told him I didn't want holes drilled for the front plate or any dealer stickers and he said they don't do that with any special edition vehicles which they are considering this to be.... He even offered to let me know when the truck was coming so I could be there before I asked.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I put my deposit in today and have a purchase order for a Shadow Black RS with the RS2 Package, Sunroof, and Base wheels and tires.

Emailing with them this morning they started with a $5K ADM. I worked them down to just above MSRP. This dealer had an allocation of 1 car (I live in the sticks of NW CT) and I think it's fair to be the first to take delivery.

The guy I dealt with seemed to be up on the happenings of the RS. He'll be able to submit the order to Ford on Monday.

He admitted to me that they are getting one for now but that Ford hasn't announced if this will be a limited run vehicle or not. He mentioned the 2000 number but said he can't imagine that being all that comes to the States but he couldn't say for sure. He said the ST started off this way and now they can get whatever they want. So take that for what it's worth.

Don't just take ADM's as gospel and walk away would be my advice. They have $1000 of my money right now because they dealt with me reasonably and wanted the car to go to someone local, in fact they asked me where I lived in the 2nd email.

I've never used this dealer before but I was happy with my experience. I even told him I didn't want holes drilled for the front plate or any dealer stickers and he said they don't do that with any special edition vehicles which they are considering this to be.... He even offered to let me know when the truck was coming so I could be there before I asked.
Congrats ,I hope you ended up really, really close to MSRP.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
197 Posts
Within $1K.
I also got mine for 1k over, the dealer i got mine had 2 allocated to them, I got the first at 1k the other guy paid 6k ADM for the 2nd, I talked directly to their sales manager and the other guy got a salesmen

My advice would be if you really want one, for anyone on the forum is to talk to the people higher in the dealership, tell them you wont pay the 6k but you would be willing to pay 500 or 1k over, obviously some people refuse to do that (MSRP or no sale) Its a person by person basis on how people feel about ADM. Everyone has different views and is willing to spend different amounts! ;););):cool:

Nitrous Blue
19" Forged (No Cup Tires)
Moonroof
RS2
Winter Wheel pack

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also got mine for 1k over, the dealer i got mine had 2 allocated to them, I got the first at 1k the other guy paid 6k ADM for the 2nd, I talked directly to their sales manager and the other guy got a salesmen

Nitrous Blue
19" Forged (No Cup Tires)
Moonroof
RS2
Winter Wheel pack
My guy didn't see the winter wheel pack, it's something I'm interested in. He didn't have any other accessories available to view either. I'm hoping for a block heater.

You have info on the wheel pack?

·
Registered
197 Posts
My guy didn't see the winter wheel pack, it's something I'm interested in. He didn't have any other accessories available to view either. I'm hoping for a block heater.

My guy priced the wheel/tire pack at 1900, 18" Wheels, and Michelin Rubber on em,

·
Registered
197 Posts

as far as how they are delivered and when they will come, he dident speculate on it, he said he would call me when he finds out, and hes been on top of eveything, called me a couple times with information, its been a great experience so far

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
After the conversation I had with my dealership, I'm very skeptical. I have confirmed that ST sales are part of the equation as far as allotment.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'll be at my dealership when they open at 9 am next Monday. Since I have a government job, I conveniently already have the day off. It's almost like it was meant to be :D
Me too! Going to sit with them while they order their allocation of one to my specification. NB, RS1, standard 19" wheels and tires, plus winter wheels package if they can order. MSRP.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts