Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Has anyone installed a Maxton Design front splitter and have a bit of a how-to guide. The instructions that come with it are useless and their website isn't much better. I might be missing something but from what I can tell you cant install it with the bumper on the car as there is no access to tighten the nuts, however you cant install it with the bumper off as the splitter covers the plastic bumper mounting clips on the underside of the bumper so you wouldn't be able to remount the bumper.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
What do the supports bolt to, and did anyone actually do any balance testing with it on track? I've seen splitters get ripped off by the shear power of the wind if the anchors aren't tied to something strong enough.

It may provide too much front downforce and should probably be paired with a different spoiler in back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up emailing them and running them through the issue, turns out you need to drill holes in the splitter where the splitter covers the plastic screw clips. Makes you wonder why they don't add the holes into the mold when they manufacture the splitter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes you can message me on Facebook and follow me on youtube.... to find out how to install this front splitter.... dyrelle umali is the name
hello I would like help. I had the front splitter put on but it recently broke and I need to know how to remover it. Could you show me the install so I can work on getting it off. Thanks so much! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, it's put on with bar on car, it's a bit fiddly but can be done.
Remember to measure twice and only drill once!
The end result is worth the effort!

·
Registered
105 Posts
hello I would like help. I had the front splitter put on but it recently broke and I need to know how to remover it. Could you show me the install so I can work on getting it off. Thanks so much! :)
Just look for the mounting bolts and nuts underneath and it should be fairly straight forward !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts