Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name's Nick I'm new here to the Focus RS forum, I will be purchasing one but like the thread says I'm having a hard time here in Florida finding someone who a)knows that they're talking about or B) seem sketchy about the process. Anyone on here close to southwest florida who has success preordering this car? Also I'm new to the whole "allocation" thing, so not really too sure how that works to be honest lol.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Allocation:
-Ford determines the number of cars they're going to build.
-They divide that number among sales regions.
-The Regional Mgr divides his allocations among the dealers in his region.
-The dealer places orders for the car in question until his allocation is exhausted.
-He can order additional cars beyond his allocation with no guarantees of delivery.
-Any allocations not ordered by the dealer can be redistributed to other dealer(s) within the region.
-If the dealer has still over ordered then ??? (I don't know, maybe another Ford employee has experienced this)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay so obviously you would want to order one at a dealership that still has allocations left, correct? My problem is, so far I've checked with the only 2 ford dealers close to me, one claims they don't know anything about the car yet and they're not taking orders yet, and the other doesn't have any allocations(seemed kind of confused when I asked about them) but said he can order the car for me. The salesman also told me that my deposit is nonrefundable, which I don't know if thats true or not.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Cast your net a lot wider - 2 dealers only and you have a good chance at nothing, try 40 dealers. including surrounding states. Many of us that were successful did this. Hold out for MSRP unless you get a good deal very close to home with someone you trust and low dealer markup.

Jim

·
Registered
84 Posts
the non refundable thing is all negotiable it's not a hard and fast rule. I went to 5 area dealers until i found one that A) had an allocation B) were willing to sell without a price mark up and C) sold it to me for less than MSRP. I then offered him a deposit and we sat down and placed the order together and I received the order number and the DORA information a few days later. Going out of state can be done by the phone. You are buying a commodity any Ford dealership can sell you the car as long as they have the allocation. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So when I cal up/visit these dealerships, do I directly ask them do they have any allocations for the focus rs? Sorry I'm new to this kind of situation lol I asked one dealer that and they were like uh... what?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly what you ask. Try speaking to the sales manger first. If they don't know by now, they don't have an allocation. I called several dealers and the response varied from RS huh? Will have to check on that to yes we only are getting one and they knew right away what to do and how to proceed. Keep calling dealers, try the bigger ones first, but don't skip over the little guys if only ADM thrown your way..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I tried 2 so far, both didn't really know what I was talking about when I mentioned allocations, although 1 said I can order w/e car I want, and the other said they don't know anything about the rs yet because "they don't know when they're gonna be getting the car". So yeah I gotta try more dealers.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Good advice here. When you call/speak with a dealer, the first thing to ask is, "Do you have an allocation available?" If they Hem and Hah, they don't have one; and they'll be wasting your time. If they do have one (or more), they'll know it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Here's how I found mine:
Created a spreadsheet with the 20 closest dealers, phone number, and then fields for allocation, how many are left, pricing..

Called each one. The 4th one down got me the car at MSRP within 25 minutes of my house in Tampa. It'll take a bit of searching but it shouldn't be too hard to find one :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Dave-ROR
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing