Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many incompetents, greedy SOBs, liars and the like in CA.

My 2-car deal at MSRP from Perry Ford in San Luis Obispo came to an abrupt cut-off when they, after accepting $3000 each for 2 cars, to me they were only getting one allocation and that it was spoken for. I suspect they got a bad case of "Whoa, we can get a lot more than MSRP for these" and it overrode their bull**** "We're a small-town dealer who honors our word" pre-sales pitch. And they sure ran my credit card faster to get the money than they have to give it back. A$$wipes.

Anyways, I got an MSRP deal (through a tip from here though I haven't found it again) for a dealer in Pennsylvania. Only 1 car though. He just found out he was getting one allocation and their sister dealership had an Internet Sales Mgr. that was on the ball and actually followed through FASTER than she said she would. And she gave me straight to the GM, who took my order, CC# and sent me a pre-order confirmation with all the specs (the same one people have been scanning in), priority 10. He asked me to look it over and send him a note that said "Approved, please order car as spec'd", which I did.

Depending on when it arrives I will either drop ship to a Sacramento dealer or fly out and drive home.

Anyone have any experience with drop shipping? Details would be appreciated. How can you trust the receiving dealer?

Oh yeah:

Stealth Gray
RS2 package
Forged 19" wheels with summer street tires
No moonroof

Cheers,

Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
They ran your credit? I'd get my lawyer involved, it probably would be costly but they potentially just affected your credit, took your money, and stepped out of a deal in bad faith. I don't think anything can be done about not selling the car for MSRP, but the ****ers ran your credit.

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
They ran your credit? I'd get my lawyer involved, it probably would be costly but they potentially just affected your credit, took your money, and stepped out of a deal in bad faith. I don't think anything can be done about not selling the car for MSRP, but the ****ers ran your credit.
I think he meant his credit card, not his credit? I'd be f**kin LIVID if they ran my credit before I saw the car.

·
Registered
239 Posts
And this is exactly why I have a credit lock.. because of crap like this.. (my dealership attempted to run my credit as well, was funny when they asked if it was locked since they couldn't get the score..).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think he meant his credit card, not his credit? I'd be f**kin LIVID if they ran my credit before I saw the car.
I just re-read it. I think reading about all these stories is just pissing me off in general so I misread credit and credit card. I'd be pissed and they would honor invoice if they pulled **** like that, regardless they always try to do it when they get your information down, but like robotman, I have a credit lock too and they always come back asking for "more information." Some salesman really do think we're idiots.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Another case of a crappy dealer who should have their RS allocation revoked! Screwing over people who have essentially already committed to buying the car......if only we could just order direct from Ford and not deal with any of this or get left in the dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts