Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think this has been done on here before. While we wait for more on the Focus RS and magazine tests, let's all take guesses on what the test results/performance numbers will be.

I'll start…

0-60: 4.4 seconds

1/4 mile: 12.6-12.7 at 107-108mph (might be a bit optimistic here, but it would be nice)

Lateral grip: hoping for at least 1.0g

Figure 8: (as done by Motor Trend) 24 seconds averaging about .85g's

60-0 braking: 103 feet

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'll play,

Slow,slow,slow till big turbo install

350 hp = roughly 280 whp

Tuned you might get 300-310whp.

Stage 3 will hopefully make it to 325-330 if we're lucky

Cars gonna be heavy. I'm just being realistic. The AWD and handling will keep it competitive at those levels though

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
[email protected] is a bolted and tuned ST on drag radials. Thats about 280 or more whp on a front driver. A stock RS should beat that!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I'll play,

350 hp = roughly 280 whp

Cars gonna be heavy. I'm just being realistic. The AWD and handling will keep it competitive at those levels though
Im suprised you think whp wont break 300. Why????

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll play,

350 hp = roughly 280 whp

this isnt a subaru ;)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
this isnt a subaru ;)
Yeah if the st is any indication of fords hp ratings. St is rated 252 and put about an average of 230+ stock. Some have put down 240+ and some 210+ depending on dyno and individual cars

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'll play,

350 hp = roughly 280 whp

I really hope you're wrong about it being slow. Sounds a little pessimistic, saying the car will he heavy and underpowered. I know AWD set ups do eat up more power, I hope ford takes that into account.

Boy I hope you're right about that braking distance. That would be sweet.
With those brakes and michelin pilot sport cup 2 tires, I think it would be possible as long as the car isn't too heavy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah if the st is any indication of fords hp ratings. St is rated 252 and put about an average of 230+ stock. Some have put down 240+ and some 210+ depending on dyno and individual cars
A FWD vehicle will lose a lot less HP thru the drivetrain than an AWD vehicle with the same powerplant. I'm hopeful that it doesn't lose as much as other AWD systems but we'll see once people start putting these on the dyno.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
We'll see more than 300whp... probably quite a bit more. Ford has gotten a lot better about marketing whp as opposed to bhp
Rader, how do you think this car will act on the dyno? Being that the rear is over driven. Im trying to figure out in my head where the power will go, and I cant:(

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Rader, how do you think this car will act on the dyno? Being that the rear is over driven. Im trying to figure out in my head where the power will go, and I cant:(
I think it will probably run just fine without torque vectoring causing any major hiccups but beyond that(exactly how the torque will distributed) I really don't know. I feel like that on a dyno it will bias power more toward the front than the rear.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I think it will probably run just fine without torque vectoring causing any major hiccups but beyond that(exactly how the torque will distributed) I really don't know. I feel like that on a dyno it will bias power more toward the front than the rear.
I was kinda thinking the rear...... only a few months till we can find out!

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
If you want dyno numbers it would be best to disable the RDU and run it on a 2WD. Due to the mismatched front and rear ratios not much to be gained on a dyno by using a 4WD dyno.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
With those brakes and michelin pilot sport cup 2 tires, I think it would he possible as long as the car isn't too heavy.
The tires will give it a good chance of doing so. I can lock up stickier tires with 10" rotors with single piston sliders so the brakes don't really matter here as much (for the first stop anyways) :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
It should but the PDU will still sap power as with the prop shaft which spins anyways it seems like unless that's been clarified.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
It should but the PDU will still sap power as with the prop shaft which spins anyways it seems like unless that's been clarified.
Yeah, the drive shaft is permanently affixed and It will still be spinning but it shouldn't be eating up much power.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Get out of the car, run 6 secs to kick the front right tire, then continue clockwise and should be in 12 secs flat! :D

I'd say same as ford said, 4.7 secs 0-60 mph

Quarter mile, umm 13.0 @ 105mph

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Get out of the car, run 6 secs to kick the front right tire, then continue clockwise and should be in 12 secs flat! :D

I'd say same as ford said, 4.7 secs 0-60 mph

Quarter mile, umm 13.0 @ 105mph
Ford said 4.7 0-62mph. 0-60 should be 4.4-4.5.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
About this Discussion
104 Replies
34 Participants
gte
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing