Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
What is the benefit of using super rather than turbo charging in an application such as this, given that turbos are more efficient?
Coming from a roush 427r I can say that there is Zero lag on boost. Plus due to the nature of v8s being low end and mid range monsters a turbo wound not be a good choice. Plus supercharging is way more reliable and less heat when used with the better more efficient air to water heat exchanger set ups.
Don’t get me wrong turbos are great but have serious limitations on low end to midrange transitions which you won’t ever have with most superchargers.
A turbo will make more top end but at what sacrifice because **** ain’t free.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What is the benefit of using super rather than turbo charging in an application such as this, given that turbos are more efficient?
Instant throttle response, easier packaging, and the reality is that they don't need to feed much boost into the engine to make these power levels. This is where a supercharger makes more sense.

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Bad Ass for Ford fans...RS is my first and last Ford...waiting for the C8 unmasking in July if that doesn't "do it for me" than Nissan here I come....Just curious so about 80-90 horses will used just to spin that huge super charger?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Bad Ass for Ford fans...RS is my first and last Ford...waiting for the C8 unmasking in July if that doesn't "do it for me" than Nissan here I come....Just curious so about 80-90 horses will used just to spin that huge super charger?
most likely at max boost

·
Registered
246 Posts
Reminds me a bit of the GTR, one of the better looking mustang front ends in a long time imo

·
Registered
59 Posts
No manual, no care.
Agree.

Don't really care that in cars with both options the auto tranny is often faster.

It's less fun, less driver involvement than a stick and 3rd pedal.

As a 2017 GT350 owner, can honestly say I would much rather have 526 horses and a 6-speed. The car is already a handful, and traction when accelerating is always a concern, as the power to break loose the 305 width tires in an instant is always there.

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,483 Posts
Carbon fibre wheels but cheap azz lug nuts?????

·
Registered
432 Posts
First thing i thought of when I saw the Front end of this thing. Manta Ray Mustang.

Manta Ray
Where-the-mantas-run-wild-15-2.jpg

New GT500
2020-Ford-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-001-720x340.jpg

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
The power is interesting. Dumb ass dealers going to have a feild day with adm. Wonder how much better the handling is comparison to GT350R. No clutch pedal to me is a big let down. For the track time difference that the dual clutch saves, I would prefer a real clutch. Nice if Ford gives us the option in the future.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts