Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not so much competition but adding another to the stable.
Wasn’t sure I could get my hands on one but was able to score a late production2022. Got a vin and build date of late July. So I’m one step closer to having it. After a quick trip to Livernios for some more power I should be able to drive it this fall a bit before the snow hits.

·
Registered
521 Posts
What color? Any options you added?

Reactions: Yukon Corleone

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s the orange color and added the recaro seats.
I don’t mind them tuning it a bit. It can always be put back to stock. Just need to make sure no hellcats or other gt500’s around me can get me. Plus I have a e85 station by my house that always has true e85 at a great price.

·
Registered
2017 rs
19 Posts
I had a 08, pretty built, 9.74 in the quarter, with just a set of drag radials you won't have any problems with hellcats, especially on a badly prepped track or in mexico...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope, it’s in production now according to the tracking. It started production Friday. So should not be long. I got an allocation for a raptor r also at msrp but not sure I can do an 11th vehicle and especially one that’s 100k
I do t plan to join that forum as I enjoy this one so I’ll definitely post when it arrives and keep up to date on the mods it gets

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
705 Posts
I did shop around today locally for a GT500 and C8 as fun cars and a Golf R as a Jetta replacement and none of the dealership had anything and there was a wait if I wanted something. One of the dealerships thought that their would be a 2023 GT500. Everything I hear is that 2022 will be the last year.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did shop around today locally for a GT500 and C8 as fun cars and a Golf R as a Jetta replacement and none of the dealership had anything and there was a wait if I wanted something. One of the dealerships thought that their would be a 2023 GT500. Everything I hear is that 2022 will be the last year.
That was part of the reason I got one epa was supposed to shut them down but that has been dealt a blow by the courts so who knows. If I’m selfish then yes I hope it’s the last one but I also wanna see ford keep pushing it. I think the c8 is gross looking m. They could not make up what look they wanted. The inside is amazing but the outside is not for me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I like the C8 also but the looks are an abomination. Like the C7, the C8 has too many tacked on bits and pieces. I do think the C8 looks like a Ferrari if I see it but don’t stare at it. I love the look of the GT500, it has an aggressive look, maybe it’s “The Beast” to the RS’s “Baby Beast” nickname. I did start looking at GT500’s again after a 3-4 month break. So far no luck finding what I want at MSRP but I will continue to look.

In regards to the Raptor R, if you can afford it and the dealership doesn’t pull the MSRP deal rug out from under you, I say go for it.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
The GT500 is awesome looking. Saw one getting serviced at the dealership yesterday when I took my RS in for hard misses it’s developed at 5000 and 6000 rpm under WOT. Hoping it’s just fouled plugs… again.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ouch on the C8 abomination...lol...Eye of the beholder and all that ****...
I still like the Corvette and would buy one but the exterior is not great. I am talking about the looks of the C8, I hear the performance of the car is great. A friend of mine has one and loves it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts