Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
While these aren't TE37s... Well, they're actually blatant rip-offs of the TE37, at least it can give you a rough idea of how a bronze would look on NB. 18x9.5" Rota Grid
To each their own, I had Rotas before and I was happy with them.

Whether its the price point or the size specs, as long as you are happy.

If you are looking for better weight and better strength, TE37 is superior.

But @Si2RS has saying about replicas, 馃馃

Registered
2017 SG RS1
To each their own, I had Rotas before and I was happy with them.

Whether its the price point or the size specs, as long as you are happy.

If you are looking for better weight and better strength, TE37 is superior.

But @Si2RS has saying about replicas, 馃馃
True. What matters in the end is if the owner is happy with it. I suppose I should've prefaced by saying that's coming from somebody that is buying a $200 Mugen shift knob when there are knock-offs available on eBay for like $30. Even though most people probably couldn't even tell the difference, it would bug me knowing it's not the real thing.

Reactions: nicklulu

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
@Si2RS , what was your saying though? 馃

"Friends who gets replicas let other friends go to the strip club"?

"Friends who gets replicas goes to the strip club for the money they saved"?

Is that how it goes?

Reactions: Si2RS

Registered
2017 SG RS1
@Si2RS , what was your saying though? 馃

"Friends who gets replicas let other friends go to the strip club"?

"Friends who gets replicas goes to the strip club for the money they saved"?

Is that how it goes?
Something to that effect. Friends who buy reps pick up the tab since they have all that extra coin. 馃槈

Registered
Put me down for gunmetal. Also, are any of the ST guys interested in these? I'm not sure about fitment but those dudes might be looking for wheels and have the same problem we do. Just a thought, maybe it would help get enough people for the GB.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Put me down for gunmetal. Also, are any of the ST guys interested in these? I'm not sure about fitment but those dudes might be looking for wheels and have the same problem we do. Just a thought, maybe it would help get enough people for the GB.
Added. 馃憤

Reactions: BoltedRS

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Is there anyway to add another option to these? I want a set of the CE28s in these specs, and I wonder if there are four more like me that prefer them over the TE37s?
I鈥檓 definitely keen! :love:
Ohhh when is this group buy nx pricing would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are asking about the CE28, if ever I get an reply that they will, I will create a new thread for it.

Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread coming soon........ 馃憤

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Exciting! Much appreciated @nicklulu. Looking forward to seeing the new thread!
Here it is:

I'll cross reference it on my first post.

Reactions: Mattyk15

Registered
2016 RS2
Well I blew the summer budget on CF. I鈥檓 hoping this stays here another month or 2, I can鈥檛 stop looking at these rims!!! 馃え or the other ones鈥 馃檮馃槈馃か馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Reactions: nicklulu

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
don't mind the dust.... just a little house cleaning. 馃榿

Registered
I know I am new here, but I had just reached out to Vivid independently of this thread, so I'm keen to get my hands on a set in Bronze w/ the Low center caps, if possible

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
I know I am new here, but I had just reached out to Vivid independently of this thread, so I'm keen to get my hands on a set in Bronze w/ the Low center caps, if possible
What did Vivid say? Who did you talk to?

As long as you can commit to the group buy as note on the first post, you should be fine.

Welcome to the Forum.... and the Group Buy!

Registered
What did Vivid say?
So I just googled "TE37 5x108" like anyone would and one of the first results is their listing for the wheel, so naturally I went through the checkout process and about 3 hours later got a phone call saying that Bronze is deemed a special order that comes with a minimum quantity of 20 (5 sets). Other colors would be possible as single sets, with a ~6 month manufacturing time, of course, but I want bronze if I am dropping this much on a set. So with my order "on hold" with them, I'll likely cancel for my money back.

So then I checked on ebay and whatnot to see if any other sources existed for bronze 5x108's right now and then it popped into my head to check here.. and low and behold we have a groupbuy in progress. So I'm happy to put my name on the list.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
So I just googled "TE37 5x108" like anyone would and one of the first results is their listing for the wheel, so naturally I went through the checkout process and about 3 hours later got a phone call saying that Bronze is deemed a special order that comes with a minimum quantity of 20 (5 sets). Other colors would be possible as single sets, with a ~6 month manufacturing time, of course, but I want bronze if I am dropping this much on a set. So with my order "on hold" with them, I'll likely cancel for my money back.

So then I checked on ebay and whatnot to see if any other sources existed for bronze 5x108's right now and then it popped into my head to check here.. and low and behold we have a groupbuy in progress. So I'm happy to put my name on the list.
You have been added. 馃憤

61 - 75 of 75 Posts