Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Ok, I will admit a massive lack of knowledge about these wheels. I have known for many years that these were the holy grail for most of the Japanese car guys but is there any real reason they are so much? Weight? Strength? Pure marketing? They are sexy but for nearly double my RPF1s (18x9 +35)...makes me wonder...
These are like the second lightest rims you can get for the RS at under 18lbs, only second to the volk Ce's which are under 17lbs. Although I think the Te's look a little better.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok, I will admit a massive lack of knowledge about these wheels. I have known for many years that these were the holy grail for most of the Japanese car guys but is there any real reason they are so much? Weight? Strength? Pure marketing? They are sexy but for nearly double my RPF1s (18x9 +35)...makes me wonder...
I would say all of the above.

·
Registered
2016 RS2
344 Posts
$3985 shipped to Canada + duties and customs? Is it drop ship to vivid then to us? Or direct from Japan to us?
I was told quoted price plus $300 for shipping then duty/customs…

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Man!

don't you guys any homies by the boarder and just pick them up?

duties is nuts!

·
Registered
2016 RS2
344 Posts
Pretty sure the duties/customs is going to be massive...probably going to be over $5k cdn total
It would add another $1000 cad, to the $3200 USD conversion..
Definitely over 5k

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It would add another $1000 cad, to the $3200 USD conversion..
Definitely over 5k

all due duties and customs.... that sucks!

If I can just handed it to you I would have.

·
Registered
2016 RS2
344 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,348 Posts
Can't cross the border with the covidz
Where there's a will there's a way! Dig a tunnel! Just like my brown brethren to the south!

Reactions: jefferysanders

·
Registered
260 Posts
Out of curiosity, why didn't we do a group buy for 9.5" wheels? (I assume there's no chance to squeeze a 2nd wheel width in there?)

Bronze is calling my name, I'll let you know this week. It's just a difficult decision to make on the exact same spec wheel I already have.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I asked and they checked with RAYS, no go on the size other than the one they gave.

I would have loved to get it in 19x9.5.

·
Registered
433 Posts
As much as I wish for an 9.5" wheel, I'll go in on this.

Since we're tied to only one color per GB, I'll wait and see which one gains the most traction. As of right now, my top preferences are: 1) gunmetal OR hyper blue OR racing green, then 2) bronze.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Let me know which color you want me to put you on when you are ready.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, I'll pay the down for a set of gunmetal color wheels, I already reached out to Tyler at Vivid racing on FB too. i hope this group buy reach enough interest. Please put me down on the buy list.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hello, I'll pay the down for a set of gunmetal color wheels, I already reached out to Tyler at Vivid racing on FB too. i hope this group buy reach enough interest. Please put me down on the buy list.

Added.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Vivid reached out and asked if I or anyone would be interested on deez.

For anyone who is willing to "compromise" a bit, there is a set that will be available in a week or two:

This is an 18x8.5 5x108 +42 offset.

It'll fit the RS fine.

The difference between the TE37 and the TE37SL (Super Lap):

So, to sum it up:

• Need adapters for using the center caps.
  • Decals not pre-applied
  • More weight savings compared to the TE37
$2,600 for a set is a great deal if you can live with the dimensions.

Reactions: Si2RS
21 - 40 of 75 Posts