Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

For members looking for a Group Buy for the CE28 Super Club Racer II Black Edition:

Ladies and Gents, I hope everyone are doing well and healthy (as well as your love ones). I am posting this not for any gains or other motives other than trying to help the community.

I have been trying to find options for wheels for the RS, and for most of us know the lug pattern does narrow down our options.

After December 1st 2020, Volk Racing had discontinued the RAYS TE37 SAGA. They have revised it to the TE37 SAGA S-Plus (excerpt from RAYS site):

The dramatic improvement in horse power, the change in weight distribution and traction due to all wheel drive, and the evolution of high grip tires that accept those factors.

Those things are remarkable, and VOLK RACING has judged these factors cannot overlook these vehicle evolutions.

From January 2021, RAYS will release the minor updated model the “SAGA S-PLUS”, which has reviewed each part and details to ensure a more safety margin.

However, there is no change in the frontal design, and the minor changes will be reflected on the back side of the spoke shape.

The gained weight depending on size will increase by approximately 100 to 120g.

This is a minor update to achieve a higher safety and security standard for higher rigidity and improved strength.

Here's the Specs:

The size is 18x9 with an offset of +38 with the lug/bolt pattern of 5x108.
Weight is under 18 lbs.

• It includes valve stems.
  • Diamond Dark Gunmetal (MM) is $3,200 USD shipped **
  • Bronze (Almite) (BR) is $3,300 USD shipped**
  • Other colors are Hyper Blue(HL), Hyper Red(HR), Racing Green(IG) and costs extra
  • center caps are available for $206 a set.
** (depending on your location/STATE, SALES TAX might be applicable)
GROUP BUY RULES:

• Minimum of 5 buyers to get one set (4 wheels) .
  • ALL of the wheels MUST BE THE SAME COLOR; So if someone want to get it in Bronze, 5 buyers of Bronze is needed (total of 20 wheels). If someone wants the Diamond Dark Gunmetal, 5 buyers of DDG is needed to meet the requirement. So on and so forth.
  • 50% down payment per buyer is required. NO CANCELLATIONS (even if you no longer have your car)
  • ALL PAYMENT MUST BE ACCEPTED FROM ALL BUYERS BEFORE PRODUCTION CAN START
I'll list down the colors and the minimum slots:

• Hyper Blue(HL)

• Hyper Red(HR)

• Racing Green(IG)

Once one of the colors meet the minimum number I will DM the members and I reach out to Vivid to give them a heads up.

This is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper (depending on the color you want) than the original group buy of the TE37 in the past.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
2016 RS2
344 Posts
I’m interested as this is about $1000 cheaper then my last quote on a set was $4300CAD$$ plus taxes…
I’d like to know about customs and duty charges before I’d commit..should I just contact vivid?

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m interested as this is about $1000 cheaper then my last quote on a set was $4300CAD$$ plus taxes…
I’d like to know about customs and duty charges before I’d commit..should I just contact vivid?

YGPMed.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,348 Posts
If I didn't already have two sets of TE37s I'd be all over this! Then again... Wouldn't mind having a 3rd set... Hmm... These or an engagement ring for the wifey? 🤔🤔🤔 Decisions, decisions...🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ring or rims?

That's a tough one.

Chateau Bow-wow?

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Ladies and Gents, I hope everyone are doing well and healthy (as well as your love ones). I am posting this not for any gains or other motives other than trying to help the community.

I have been trying to find options for wheels for the RS, and for most of us know the lug pattern does narrow down our options.

After December 1st 2020, Volk Racing had discontinued the RAYS TE37 SAGA. They have revised it to the TE37 SAGA S-Plus (excerpt from RAYS site):

The dramatic improvement in horse power, the change in weight distribution and traction due to all wheel drive, and the evolution of high grip tires that accept those factors.

Those things are remarkable, and VOLK RACING has judged these factors cannot overlook these vehicle evolutions.

From January 2021, RAYS will release the minor updated model the “SAGA S-PLUS”, which has reviewed each part and details to ensure a more safety margin.

However, there is no change in the frontal design, and the minor changes will be reflected on the back side of the spoke shape.

The gained weight depending on size will increase by approximately 100 to 120g.

This is a minor update to achieve a higher safety and security standard for higher rigidity and improved strength.

Here's the Specs:

View attachment 353217

View attachment 353216

The size is 18x9 with an offset of +38 with the lug/bolt pattern of 5x108.

• It includes valve stems.
  • Diamond Dark Gunmetal (MM) is $3,200 USD shipped **
  • Bronze (Almite) (BR) is $3,300 USD shipped**
  • Other colors are Hyper Blue(HL), Hyper Red(HR), Racing Green(IG) and costs extra
  • center caps are available for $206 a set.
** (depending on your location/STATE, SALES TAX might be applicable)
GROUP BUY RULES:

• Minimum of 5 buyers to get one set (4 wheels) .
  • ALL of the wheels MUST BE THE SAME COLOR; So if someone want to get it in Bronze, 5 buyers of Bronze is needed (total of 20 wheels). If someone wants the Diamond Dark Gunmetal, 5 buyers of DDG is needed to meet the requirement. So on and so forth.
  • 50% down payment per buyer is required. NO CANCELLATIONS (even if you no longer have your car)
  • ALL PAYMENT MUST BE ACCEPTED FROM ALL BUYERS BEFORE PRODUCTION CAN START
I'll list down the colors and the minimum slots:

• Diamond Dark Gunmetal (MM) is $3,200 shipped **

• Bronze (Almite) (BR) is $3,300 shipped**

• Hyper Blue(HL)

• Hyper Red(HR)

• Racing Green(IG)

Once one of the colors meet the minimum number I will DM the members and I reach out to Vivid to give them a heads up.

This is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper (depending on the color you want) than the original group buy of the TE37 in the past.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck to everyone.
Put me down for a set of Bronze (Almite) (BR)

Reactions: nicklulu and Si2RS

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Your timing sucks OP...smh...lol..I just purchased and installed new Michs for the forged wheels....Oh well...

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,348 Posts
$3985 shipped to Canada + duties and customs? Is it drop ship to vivid then to us? Or direct from Japan to us?
If it's like the last two group buys they did, it gets shipped to them first in Arizona. Then, they ship them out to the buyers.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can I buy 1 for a spare? Ha!

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

as long as it meets the minimum, yes, you can order a spare.

So 5 wheels for you?

What color? 😁

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your timing sucks OP...smh...lol..I just purchased and installed new Michs for the forged wheels....Oh well...

You can un-mount the tires from the forge and get it remounted on a set of one of these babies.

Discount Tires did not charge me for doing it in the past.

👍

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
$3985 shipped to Canada + duties and customs? Is it drop ship to vivid then to us? Or direct from Japan to us?
it's from Japan to Vivid then Vivid to the buyers.

YGPMed sir.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You can un-mount the tires from the forge and get it remounted on a set of one of these babies.

Discount Tires did not charge me for doing it in the past.

👍
These are 18's, forged are 19's. Tire shops will typically charge 15$ per corner to mount tires, at least in my area.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These are 18's, forged are 19's. Tire shops will typically charge 15$ per corner to mount tires, at least in my area.
Completely forgot about the OE forge are 19s.

Yep, most tire shops charges for mounting, I guess I am fortunate enough that the 3 Discount Tires close to my house does not charge me for mounting.

@crepr12 can just get new tires for these.

LOL.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
348 Posts
Oh man... those gun metals are sexy! I already have wheels shipping to me and went a little wider. Good luck with the group buy!

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh man... those gun metals are sexy! I already have wheels shipping to me and went a little wider. Good luck with the group buy!
Which one did you go with?

I went with the Mountune (UK) Edition OZ Leggera HLT, I haven't even opened the boxes yet. it came in last week.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok, I will admit a massive lack of knowledge about these wheels. I have known for many years that these were the holy grail for most of the Japanese car guys but is there any real reason they are so much? Weight? Strength? Pure marketing? They are sexy but for nearly double my RPF1s (18x9 +35)...makes me wonder...

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
348 Posts
Which one did you go with?

I went with the Mountune (UK) Edition OZ Leggera HLT, I haven't even opened the boxes yet. it came in last week.
I got the Enkei NT03+M in 18x9.5. As soon as I get them, I'll be getting them powder coated... probably some gun metal type color. I prefer less spokes though so I really like the look of these 6-spoke Rays!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts