Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i recently installed a steeda intake tube and noticed that there is a rather large i say 14mm bolt right above the turbo inlet. It looks like it holds a ground wire to the cylinder head. Its rubbing against my intake pipe and im wondering if i can just remove it and replace it with a flatter allen head bolt? But im not a hunderd percent sure if its just a ground bolt or if it holds something in the head? Any advance would be nice..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im wondering if its just a ground bolt? If so id rather remove it and replace it with a flat allen key bolt to give me a lil more clearance from my pipe

·
Registered
826 Posts
here is mine with ets intake and precission turbo. it is just a bolt holding it to the cylinder head.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright cool.. so i can just remove it then and replace it. I was just worried that it may be holding some pin or check valve in the head or some silly thing like that

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Alright cool.. so i can just remove it then and replace it. I was just worried that it may be holding some pin or check valve in the head or some silly thing like that
Just remove it and grind a few mm off the head for clearance. Unless you have the mechanical skills of an ape it will be fine for removal/install.

Ciao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts