Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You need more info for us to help. Is it constant? Does it change with RPMs? Does it happen when moving and/or stopped? Any difference between cold/warm engine? Help us help you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not constant.
It happens at standstill when cold or hot. Not sure when driving as can’t hear.
Only noticed as walked around front of car at idle and heard it. Thought it was coming from gill/radiator but it’s not but is at the level of the grill.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
May be related. Lately I’ve had a similar noise, regardless of temp. Either stopped or going slowly, like parking lot speeds. It’s not the brakes but almost feels like coming on or off the brakes in a parking lot near a stop sign. So like when you’re only going 5-10kmh.

Haven’t been able to catch it on film though it’s pretty subtle. Sound familiar OP?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I dont usually get too involved with these sort of things due to the imperfect nature of recorded sounds but it sounded more like something loose and vibrating to me like a heat shield or something.
Carefully put some pressure on components attached to the engine while its idling and see if it stops. Remember to keep your hand fingers and anything else away from the rotating components at the front of the engine. Oh and dont get burned.

Ciao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts