Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
At the dealership right now. They said they found a loose washer connected to the turbo. They said they're "fixing it up" now. I'll be keeping an eye on my fluid levels, but there hasn't been any fluid on the ground since Sunday.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
They replaced the washers on both sides of the turbo just in case, said 1 of them was faulty and the oil leaking was from the turbo. Washers replaced and fluids topped off. Hopefully all is good from here on out

·
5,625 Posts
Good luck arrow.
Keep us updated if the leak returns.
:)

Reactions: Arrowstomper

·
Registered
2017 FoRS (Stock)
8 Posts
Good luck arrow.
Keep us updated if the leak returns.
:)
I just bought a used (stock) 2017 FoRS three weeks ago and noticed water/condensation coming as droplets via behind the console on passenger side and pooling copiously in the foot well of the passenger side. I believe it’s only happening when I have the A/C even at minimum intensity—I seldom use it at the highest setting. And I’ve been driving the car well, but not like a maniac, but driving the car as it needs to be driven within city/highway limits, and a wee bit more.

I had asked this question before here a week or so ago and I was told that a drain might be clogged—however, being somewhat inept in mechanical issues and having no space to work to diagnose the issue, I’m taking the car in to a dealer in NYC.

I took the car for a maintenance checkup three weeks ago when I purchased the car and they didn’t notice any issues and neither did I—I’ve been made aware of this issue very recently.

The problem seems to be A/C oriented as I don’t smell any coolant or any other oils for the matter—to the touch, it certainly is water. I’m actually terrified about it since I have a towel laid out in the footwell that is now currently soaking up whatever drips out. My appointment—earliest I got—is upcoming Monday (06-July).

Is this a major concern that needs immediate attention? If so, I can probably move it to as early as Friday—I have been traveling close to 400-miles/wk since I have completed the maintenance work after the purchase, and the car seems to be fine and no mechanical groans or shakes yet. Any thoughts/advise will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! AK

Ps: I love the car. It’s a fantastic piece of machine... so far. And as anything mechanical, it will have its issues and I’m ok with that fact. However, I’d like to understand better of this current issue I’m having and hopefully fix it.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts