Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to ask about added GPS tracking car security.
Dealer was saying they can add a hidden device in the car that enables you to track it using an app on you smart phone (would be handy if, God forbid, your car gets stolen).
Forgot to ask him the price though. Anyone know how much this is and would you recommend them?
Would anyone know if there are cheaper/better solutions out there (non-dealer) that they would recommend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dealer was saying they can add a hidden device in the car that enables you to track it using an app on you smart phone (would be handy if, God forbid, your car gets stolen).
Forgot to ask him the price though. Anyone know how much this is and would you recommend them?
Would anyone know if there are cheaper/better solutions out there (non-dealer) that they would recommend?

Thanks.
https://www.thetrackr.com/bravo/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Bravo_Search_GeneralKeywords_cpc&utm_campaign=Bravo_Search_GeneralKeywords&gclid=CjwKEAjw-Oy_BRDg4Iqok57a4kcSJADsuDK1divBYtK9YJnFAZUkQueNnMqhMba451dztr1VkcbEGRoCIQHw_wcB
Is this the one? There are many others out there.

·
5,622 Posts
Yup this is indeed possible.

Will be tracking mine but you need 2G sim card and gps tracker. With Aus 2G being gradually switched off, best to buy a 3G model for long term protection.

I can recommend quite a few brands but each within your budget. Google has lots of links to read about this. Do your research and your good to go. Only thing is the sms to tracker on setup takes about 5-10 command, but once done (you'll use about $2-4 credit for sms commands to setup) then you can use data which is better to use app to track.

I am not taking any chances with this car. Fully prepared for everything and anything.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
173 Posts

Thanks.
I was looking into this as an option
DroneMobile

but decided against it. Its insured in the end.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
^^^This, if my car is stolen I don't want it back. Insurance will get me the money and I can then decide what to do. Stolen cars are usually damaged, stripped or both...I wouldn't want it back.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Know this isn't purpose built but theoretically you could get a cheap/free android phone, add it to your family plan and hardwire it into your car somewhere.

Then use Google to track it. Probably could even set it up to auto answer so you can listen in on what's going on inside the car.

I know Verizon offers a watch to track your kids that does these things that might be worth looking into.

Could probably even use it as permanant music hub/streaming device via BT or via sync.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I'm still researching but so far it is available on sync 3 systems with the ford pass app from the apple or Google stores.
Link to a quick YouTube vid. Will keep looking for more info. Uses the cars active sync connect via its gps for your mobile app to locate vehicle. Need to download app and go play with a sync 3 at a dealership to see if it works. Might see if I get a chance on Saturday and if the dealer will let me tinker with one of their cars.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So I'm still researching but so far it is available on sync 3 systems with the ford pass app from the apple or Google stores.
Link to a quick YouTube vid. Will keep looking for more info. Uses the cars active sync connect via its gps for your mobile app to locate vehicle. Need to download app and go play with a sync 3 at a dealership to see if it works. Might see if I get a chance on Saturday and if the dealer will let me tinker with one of their cars.
I don't think our cars have this feature. It says optional on 2017 models and I've never seen this option.

Edit: Damnit, just realized I'm in the Aussie section. Well might still be relevant, but maybe you guys have this option.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think our cars have this feature. It says optional on 2017 models and I've never seen this option.

Edit: Damnit, just realized I'm in the Aussie section. Well might still be relevant, but maybe you guys have this option.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Do you happen to use Sync 3? I dont see why other Sync 3 users wont have this feature as it should be a uniform system regardless.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Do you happen to use Sync 3? I dont see why other Sync 3 users wont have this feature as it should be a uniform system regardless.
Well it requires that the car have cell service which from the looks of it is a hardware option that you would have to had ordered. I believe that is what Ford is calling "Sync Connect". To my knowledge (which may be incomplete) there are no Focus RS' with Sync Connect.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts