Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I live in CA but found the MSRP deal in Pennsylvania (Selected for Scheduling), I had asked the dealer to see if he could set up a dropship (they call it "Courtesy Delivery" some places) to a dealer I would find to accept it out here.

Well, I found a dealer based on some people's experience here as I don't like any of the local sharks. I got The Ford Store Morgan Hill inventory manager on board to accept this car for me.

But when my PA dealer tried to put it into the system, the system wouldn't accept it.

He let me know that it probably wasn't happening, but said he'd try to escalate even if he had to engage with Ford Europe. This guy is the GM of the dealership and has been a real straight-shooter with me.

So a few weeks went by, he told me that Plan B would be about $1100 to ship on an open trailer and $1800 for an enclosed one. There's the budget for my first mods disappearing, but still maybe an April delivery.

Then yesterday he sends me the good news - Ford Europe helped make the changes - he actually put some time into making this work for me - and the dropship has been approved.

He sent me an updated DORA:

Focus RS PA Dropship Order Redacted.jpg

The most this will cost me is $250.

It was a very nice Christmas gift, but it also helped go a long way to restoring my faith that at least SOME dealers are honest, hardworking and truly focused on customer satisfaction, without charging extra for the privilege of doing business with them.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Jim

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very cool. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
How many states get california emissions vehicles besides pa? Will you have any problems with a pa car that will be first registered in ca?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
1450987408671.jpg
How many states get california emissions vehicles besides pa? Will you have any problems with a pa car that will be first registered in ca?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
If you look on the DORA, it says 50 state emissions.

Im picking mine from Texas and my DORA says the same thing. Wont have any issues.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, there is a box to check if you are doing that - look at the line right above the black box in my DORA above - dealer needs to check it to get CA cert - it is only paperwork but it is critical.

Jim

·
Registered
150 Posts
Since I live in CA but found the MSRP deal in Pennsylvania (Selected for Scheduling), I had asked the dealer to see if he could set up a dropship (they call it "Courtesy Delivery" some places) to a dealer I would find to accept it out here.

Well, I found a dealer based on some people's experience here as I don't like any of the local sharks. I got The Ford Store Morgan Hill inventory manager on board to accept this car for me.

But when my PA dealer tried to put it into the system, the system wouldn't accept it.

He let me know that it probably wasn't happening, but said he'd try to escalate even if he had to engage with Ford Europe. This guy is the GM of the dealership and has been a real straight-shooter with me.

So a few weeks went by, he told me that Plan B would be about $1100 to ship on an open trailer and $1800 for an enclosed one. There's the budget for my first mods disappearing, but still maybe an April delivery.

Then yesterday he sends me the good news - Ford Europe helped make the changes - he actually put some time into making this work for me - and the dropship has been approved.

He sent me an updated DORA:

View attachment 3133

The most this will cost me is $250.

It was a very nice Christmas gift, but it also helped go a long way to restoring my faith that at least SOME dealers are honest, hardworking and truly focused on customer satisfaction, without charging extra for the privilege of doing business with them.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Jim
That's awesome news, Jim! I'm able to get this positive dealer feedback documented in my system if you'd like. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, dealer, and best daytime phone number. :)

Nick

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's awesome news, Jim! I'm able to get this positive dealer feedback documented in my system if you'd like. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, dealer, and best daytime phone number. :)

Nick
Great, on its way! Thanks, Nick.

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
i live in sj. does that mean you don need to smog it as out of state car ? and 6 year waiver ? that would be fantastic

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i live in sj. does that mean you don need to smog it as out of state car ? and 6 year waiver ? that would be fantastic

You get some sort of grace period, maybe 2 years (not sure on the length of this waiver), as a new car. But then you will need to smog per usual.

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
You get some sort of grace period, maybe 2 years (not sure on the length of this waiver), as a new car. But then you will need to smog per usual.

Jim
no dude ! its 6 years on cali cars. my 2011 gen rspec has never seen a smog. just wondering if new out of state RS can get waiver. OT. i wish the RS had a HUD. Also will a boost guage be standard ? My balt ss has boost and Afr and G meter and dig speedo which i luv in the RPD. I wish the RS had trackapps like horse gt or at least an RPD. Also will RS use the same ST shifter ? Very smooth but throws are a little long compared to my SS.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boost gauge is standard on the center dashmounted cluster. Short-throw shifter is stock in RS.

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Boost gauge is standard on the center dashmounted cluster. Short-throw shifter is stock in RS.

Jim
thats great ! prob still no trackapps or anything like a PDR. I also though the Focus is using indiv TPMS so you can see indiv tire pressures rather then an idiot light.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Congrats and you are welcome ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts