Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good dealership to deal with in the Northeast Ohio area? The ones I have contacted either don't know anything or are going to charge $5K+ ADM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Just had personal relationships at a few that said they could help me out, but didn't pan out. Was able to find one dealership to go talk to tomorrow about ordering one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can tell you that some of the dealers in the area are starting to figure out that they aren't going to get markup. I have had 3 thus far quote between 2500-5k markup. Since then 2 have come back down to MSRP and I"m in negotiations to get that number down further.

A couple local dealers (Liberty, as an example) don't seem to be getting any cars allotted, and keep suggesting they follow up in November when others already have the allocation #. Mind you, I haven't talked to one that knew anything about the process, cars, etc in the beginning of October. It required they get 'brought up to speed' to get them moving.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have one in Ohio that said they will get their allocation # in November. I'm also dealing with a local dealer. If I go with the local dealer I will PM you the Ohio info as I'm on their list for MSRP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone have a good dealership to deal with in the Northeast Ohio area? The ones I have contacted either don't know anything or are going to charge $5K+ ADM.
Have you tried Klaben in Kent? They are the biggest dealer in our immediate area, but I have not talked to them personally about an RS, but I did but my ST from them, it's worth a shot!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I checked out things here in Cbus. I ended up going with a Ford dealer back home that I have a great 15 year relationship with.

Here a couple posts I made in other threads:
My experience with Germain in Dublin OH. I went in to the dealership in Sept and left my contact info with a sales person. He said he would give it to the manager who orders new cars. Waited a week and never was contacted. Went to Ford's site the day it was added and used the request quote feature. The response was quick initially. I then was told they would not have any info until Oct 12th. I was getting regular automated emails that made no sense and were annoying. I replied to one and was told they would contact me on the 12th. The 12th came and went and so did the 13th. I emailed regarding the poor sales experience thus far and was told that they now wouldn't have any information until November on allocation but I could put a deposit down and I may or may not get a car. They are on my blacklist for life.

Carl Easley at Krieger Ford said they would do MSRP but was not sure of their allocation yet. I was told that allocation will be on a first come first serve basis. If someone works with this dealer, please let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So guys, I have talked with about 18 dealerships in my general area. Most have no clue what I am talking about. The ones that knew how many they are getting will tell you to your face that they are going to put on an ADM. This has been a frustrating few months and I am pretty much done with Ford. I am happy that some of you have gotten a good deal with your dealerships. I am done talking/looking with dealerships about the RS. I have emailed Ford corporate about this and awaiting a reply. Maybe in the coming years I will come back and look at the RS again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ordered mine thru Downtown Ford Canton 10-12-15 pay MSRP ask for Scott he is a SVT guy. They never charge anything over MSRP, got my ST3 from him back in 2012 when all other dealer was changing $2500+ over and I pay sticker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ordered mine thru Downtown Ford Canton 10-12-15 pay MSRP ask for Scott he is a SVT guy. They never charge anything over MSRP, got my ST3 from him back in 2012 when all other dealer was changing $2500+ over and I pay sticker.

nice . when is delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
don't know but we believe probably April. his experience with Ford tell him pre-order till delivery usually around 6 months and that true to my ST back in May 2012
k thanks. i want to take delivery in august so tryng to figure how to time it.

should i be worried about units selling out?

excuse newbie question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Liberty Ford in Solon - $1000 over

ask for Nick Feruito. Tell him that Kenny sent you if you're interested at that price.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you tried Klaben in Kent? They are the biggest dealer in our immediate area, but I have not talked to them personally about an RS, but I did but my ST from them, it's worth a shot!
I'd stay away from Klaben. I stopped in this spring and was supposed to be on their wait list for the RS. Over the last couple weeks working with them I went from being told I would definitely get one to I'd have to wait for a 2018 model. Turns out the sales force there is useless and I was never actually placed on the wait list. I was told they are getting allotted one for 2016 and since my salesman dropped the ball I am #2 on the wait list, but #3 on the list for 2017s because 2 more people wanted to wait until next year. They also assured me that I'd be paying a good bit over MSRP since its a limited vehicle. I eventually left there fuming and was fortunate to be able to order one from Spitzer.

I'm still quite pissed at Klaben over the whole thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to Nick Mayer in Mayfield Heights thinking that having purchased 5 cars from them that my agent would be able to help me out. The GM there was very adamant about charging the $5k "market adjustment". I believe that Tri Motor Sales in Oak Harbor, OH is getting one. Even though it's not near NE Ohio you may be able to get them to deliver the RS to a dealer closer to your area.

I am still trying to work a few angles with some connections but nothing seems promising. Might just end up toughing it out and seeing how things shake down with future RS sales..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
p.costanzo
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing