Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
I have both, the iPhone is a downgrade ...
LOL, to each his own. I had a Droid and went to the iPhone and thought is was an upgrade; at least I like it better.

YMMV,

MidCow3
For me iPhone would be a downgrade, I would have to go through the hassle of jail breaking it to to anything that I have interest in and even then not sure it would be up to all of my tasks/goals. Back in the old pre 4.x days it was hard to say iPhone was not better for most people, geeks being the exception. 4 I think evened it up a lot and now with 5 and 6 Android is as good for general population as iPhone, if you pay for a device with comparable hardware. Basically if you buy a $100 Android don't expect it to be fast and smooth like an iPhone or a $600-700 Android. I think that is the one thing that still sets the iPhone a little higher than Android for many buyers, less research needed to know what to expect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I really hope Android Auto makes it to these cars one way or another
I have a late summer dealer network magazine with the RS info that lists both Carplay and Android Auto in future software release. I will try to get it scanned up here this weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Well, all of the first talks of Sync 3 from Ford mentioned both CarPlay & Android Auto, but when they started rolling out Sync 3 this last summer to select models neither feature was included. I asked Ford about this and rep stated they still plan to add both via software update at a later date.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just downloaded the update to my ST but haven't had time to try it out. For a change, the update was easy to install.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Well, all of the first talks of Sync 3 from Ford mentioned both CarPlay & Android Auto, but when they started rolling out Sync 3 this last summer to select models neither feature was included. I asked Ford about this and rep stated they still plan to add both via software update at a later date.
Ford is planning to offer soon. I think it was one of the first responses in the Official Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team Rep thread. Here it is: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/3-introductions-site-assistance/1022-official-ford-vehicle-technology-team-rep.html#post15594

YMMV,

MidCow3

YMMV

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
This is great...Sync 3 sounds like it's going to be awesome (sorry EU). I can't wait for CarPlay. Being able to display the navigation screen on the car display would be amazing. Too bad it'll most likely only be Apple Maps support. I want my WAZE damnit!

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Looked and both are already mentioned about 4 months ago. Sadly developer reply was that they are not planning at that time to add AA support. I replied stated that as more vehicles come with AA and/or CP support that if they do not add these features users will start to abandon Waze for other navigation options that support such features. I use to run Waze on my 7" tablet installed in my 84 Civic's dash and the interface looked just fine on that size screen. Waze already supports voice prompts for directions and voice input of destinations. Integrating with the car they could even query if the car detects a passenger in that seat and only allow the passenger override for text entry if car reports a passenger in that seat while car is moving for more safety that Waze supports at present with its "honor system".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts