Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the "Glass" part of "absorbant glass mat" gives me pause as wel. but according to the description they're pretty rugged.

An AGM battery is a low maintenance battery that is sealed and valve-regulated. It doesn鈥檛 require any watering service and can be placed on the side or in an upright position. AGM batteries are also constructed with heavy-duty plates, premium self-sealing valves, top lead connections, and absorbent glass mat separators.

Registered
I bought a replacement stock battery from Rockauto a year ago. Back then shipping was like $15 and even with the core charge it was a bit under $200 with the 5% discount code.

I just checked again and shipping is now $32. Whew.

This seems like a good deal.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Registered
That's a pretty good price. But for just a little more, you could get one at the Ford Dealer and it's been handled with a lot more care. I wouldn't trust any of the major shipping companies to handle a battery, at least not in my neck of the woods.

I recently got one at the Ford Dealer and it was $202 plus tax. They do give me a decent discount but nothing crazy.

Registered
That's a pretty good price. But for just a little more, you could get one at the Ford Dealer and it's been handled with a lot more care. I wouldn't trust any of the major shipping companies to handle a battery, at least not in my neck of the woods.

I recently got one at the Ford Dealer and it was $202 plus tax. They do give me a decent discount but nothing crazy.
Did you just ask them for a discount or asked about AAA discount or some sort of membership discount?

Registered
I had my dealership replace the 5yr old Motorcraft batt in my RS right after I bought the car. Think it was like $225 installed. Likely not the best of prices. MEH!

Registered
I just bought a new battery at Costco for $105. Even if you have to buy a membership you'd be saving money.
Yup, I also spent $105 on an Interstate battery... but for a different vehicle

IF I'm gonna spend $200+ on a battery... I'm going with an Optima battery

But apparently, Optima doesn't recommend any "RedTop" only...

YELLOWTOP DH6

Optima Batteries 2017 Focus 2.3L

Registered
Did you just ask them for a discount or asked about AAA discount or some sort of membership discount?
My Dad buys a lot of parts from them, so they give us a little bit of a discount. Just who ya know I guess. But usually if you are a regular customer, a good dealer will cut you a break.

You can also ask them to match online prices, some will.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So far so good, shipped in cardboard pretty thick but I'm sure it was banged up any way. Date code is from 9/22 on the new battery.
The 5x headlight flash + 3x brake pedal reset my battery age as well, so BMS is back to zero.
No damage I can see, I'll post again in 5 years for an update lol

Font Rectangle Gas Signage Wood
Bumper Automotive tire Font Electronic device Office equipment

Premium Member
Early 麓16 build still on original battery!

Tempted to replace it preventively sooner than later, but also tempted to see how long it will last for and if it will crank when it eventually turns -30C in the next few weeks!! The headunit message about saving the battery is coming up faster than before which may be a sign it鈥檚 coming due!

All my previous Fords had the battery fail within 4 years of production (escape, focus st, ex鈥檚 focus se鈥).

馃

Registered
Not sure if the price has gone up on the original link since the OP posted, but Rock Auto is similar (but likely more once you add shipping).

Paid $210 recently shipped from them, and you get $10 back when returning the old battery to Auto Zone. $16 core from Rock Auto, but paying for shipping back doesn't make it worthwhile.

Registered
Great! Was just thinking about this but my 2018 OE is still fine. One day it will come tho so we now know the model number and good vendors. RockAuto is pretty damn cheap right now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts