Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the circuit guys get all up in arms, you have to know that straightline performance numbers are going to be the best indicator for POWER upgrades on the car. So forgive me if I test on a drag strip. I will autox when I am damn good and ready, thanks!
I plan on doing a set of runs tonight, get times, and then start power upgrades.
I will use 93 Octane gas now, and for the first set of tunes, and then get an E30 tune a little later after I do a downpipe and exhaust upgrade.
I live in south floriduh.
So, does anyone know a good tuner for the RS south of Orlando? Short of that, what tuner would you recommend based on the fact that I will do a tune on a bone stock car now, and then do two sets of upgrades later?
Obviously having a relationship with a shop would be great, and I have a local guy who was great for my previous cars but has never tuned an RS.
The tune I buy will have to be a decent cost option for now and for at least two times in the future for the E30 and exhaust upgrades.

Knowing what you know, modders here...what would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Don't be hell bent on tuning with a local place. I have one thing to say, and this is tune with a reputable EcoBoost tuner. Period. If you have someone dyno tune it that tunes other platforms, you are asking for an ecoboom.

99% of the people are going to e-tune their RS. It works, it's easy, and you get someone that does this as their business.

If you have questions, let me know. I've tuned with multiple tuners, as have many others.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Does Purple Drank enable you to have multiple tunes for one price, or do they require more money each time you mod?
EDIT: I ask because the web site is not 100% clear on this, and I would rather talk to a consumer than a sales person.
Thanks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Personally not a fan of e-tunes based on Cobb AP, i feel like i have to work for my tuner (log, log, download, log, send, download, etc), look and see if you have a Revo (huge tuner for euro cars) dealer near you, thats what i run and love it, you show up, get flashed, and go home and enjoy. Any Revo dealer can flash your car, its the same protocal as vw/audi, the shop just might not know it.

https://www.onlyrevo.com/dealer-locator

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/ford/focus-rs-mk3-2015-/221/stage-1

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Does Purple Drank enable you to have multiple tunes for one price, or do they require more money each time you mod?
EDIT: I ask because the web site is not 100% clear on this, and I would rather talk to a consumer than a sales person.
Thanks.
Multiple tunes for different octanes are included. You can switch maps on the fly through the AP.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Livernois tunes can cover you the whole way through for one price. That's who I have and did the same mods and fuel combo you did. Worked amazing, very easy to deal with and the tunes are great. They have done all my ecoboost platforms.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Personally not a fan of e-tunes based on Cobb AP, i feel like i have to work for my tuner (log, log, download, log, send, download, etc), look and see if you have a Revo (huge tuner for euro cars) dealer near you, thats what i run and love it, you show up, get flashed, and go home and enjoy. Any Revo dealer can flash your car, its the same protocal as vw/audi, the shop just might not know it.
The same can be done for Cobb. You don't HAVE to get a pro-tune...which is what you describe with the logging.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So any new or "better" tuners out there since the post above this one?
I know its an old post but im in need and at this point i might as well pick em out of a hat.!?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
So any new or "better" tuners out there since the post above this one?
I know its an old post but im in need and at this point i might as well pick em out of a hat.!?
I am very happy with mountune

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Livernois tunes can cover you the whole way through for one price. That's who I have and did the same mods and fuel combo you did. Worked amazing, very easy to deal with and the tunes are great. They have done all my ecoboost platforms.
I have my Livernous tuner in the mail! Super excited! I guess most people choose COBB because of the accessibility, but Livernois has such a great reputation with EB and it's actually cheaper. As you said, the custom tune is included with the tuner.

·
Registered
801 Posts
That’s what I thought. I’ve never been gapped by another tuner. Plus I have a ton of miles on two separate ecoboosts. Over 200,000 tuned miles on my truck that has been ran hard. My wife’s edge 2.0 has 65,000 mile straight on the e30 tune no issues on anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s what I thought. I’ve never been gapped by another tuner. Plus I have a ton of miles on two separate ecoboosts. Over 200,000 tuned miles on my truck that has been ran hard. My wife’s edge 2.0 has 65,000 mile straight on the e30 tune no issues on anything.
Does Livernois use Sevyecs? if they do not use a cobb accessport? and have you thought about getting the dragy gps performance meter to see what your 0-60 times are?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does livernois and their mycal offer flat foot shift options and always on launch control like the accessport? Gauges?

·
Registered
771 Posts
i checked under the car and see this drop forming. do slave cylinders in transmission leak or is it my seal behind the slave cylinder?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Livernois does offer flat foot and all the time lc.
Anytime my car is in 1st and clutch is in it’s in launch control so I dont have to use the menu. They can tune about anything that you could with a Cobb and more like true flex fuel without a gauge. They are the only ones I know of that can unlock that logic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm very curious how to convince your wife to have e30 Lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts