Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
---Rear Motor Mount (95.96)

Each to their own but this is the part that, for me, made the MOST difference to the car. Crucial to better gear changes as Ford made the original out of chocolate..
Any additional vibration?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Any additional vibration?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NVH is livable, at least for the CPE stage 2. The Mountune is one piece but the duro is stiffer

·
Registered
174 Posts
No additional vibration. Greatly reduced the engine twist when giving it some beans which allowes for a much more positive gear change. The difference in build quality is obvious from the moment you see the parts together.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It has been a while but installed the adf custom skid plate w/oil change access tonight. Overall very pleased with the install and the quality of the part, I am going to do an oil change with the access panel and see how it goes. Also going to buy the front splash guard next.

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
It has been a while but installed the adf custom skid plate w/oil change access tonight. Overall very pleased with the install and the quality of the part, I am going to do an oil change with the access panel and see how it goes. Also going to buy the front splash guard next.

Curious what you have your rear Jack stands supporting.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Curious what you have your rear Jack stands supporting.
I have 4 jacks stands holding up the car and my jack as a just in case

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I have 4 jacks stands holding up the car and my jack as a just in case

Got ya. Not to belabor the question ( but will ) It looks like the wt. of the rear of the car is on the stands. What is forward, inboard, of the rear wheels to support that wt.? I’ve never seen the undercarriage without the air deck in place.
I have only used the jack rails, where the little “jack here“ arrows are.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got ya. Not to belabor the question ( but will ) It looks like the wt. of the rear of the car is on the stands. What is forward, inboard, of the rear wheels to support that wt.? I’ve never seen the undercarriage without the air deck in place.
I have only used the jack rails, where the little “jack here“ arrows are.
I believe this is what you are referring to..but i have the Steeda Focus Ultra-Lite Low Profile BOLT-IN Chassis Jacking Rails installed on my car as well. Forgot to put that in my mods list. Let me know if this is what you were asking about.

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Why bother with oil and filter access holes for the engine under guard. Lets face it it's a 10 min job to remove and a good opportunity to have a look around from the bottom of the engine for any other issues every oil and filter change.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Why bother with oil and filter access holes for the engine under guard. Lets face it it's a 10 min job to remove and a good opportunity to have a look around from the bottom of the engine for any other issues every oil and filter change.

Ciao
Got it for 150 off the regular price. price is king and it a plus to have access

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just finished up the mountune rmm, took some time but was nice to complete next up turbosmart bov and wastegate

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Time for an upgrade

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just finish this up (mountune breather plate, pcv & ccv catch can, mountune hangers, and did 1st oil change... more to come...

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wow. Looks like Radium changed the design of their cans.

Reactions: SUBAFST

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
sure does. diff mounting bracket too. looks like its more difficult to reach the PCV can to unscrew for dumping
You can unscrew it just fine just need some love

Reactions: big jim

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Coming up soon some more upgrades... just received the adf custom splash guard to match the skid plate and the mountune triple pass radiator. Mountune manifold just ship and mishimoto intercooler as well. After that will be time for a good tune and maybe some carbon fiber parts.. ON A SIDE NOTE PLEASE USE COUPON CODE "NATSTRS" FOR ANY ADFCUSTOMS ORDER.. I don't get any credit for that just want you save some money.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
Coming up soon some more upgrades... just received the adf custom splash guard to match the skid plate and the mountune triple pass radiator. Mountune manifold just ship and mishimoto intercooler as well. After that will be time for a good tune and maybe some carbon fiber parts.. ON A SIDE NOTE PLEASE USE COUPON CODE "NATSTRS" FOR ANY ADFCUSTOMS ORDER.. I don't get any credit for that just want you save some money.

How much is the discount?

You just got your Mountune manifold shipped?

I ordered mine today and after 2 hrs I got a DHL text that I should get it by Tues next week.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts