Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On most sites, clicking on the "orb" showing that a thread has a new post will take you to the first new post (since last visit) of that thread. On focusrs.org, it takes you to the top of the page that contains the first new post, forcing you to re-read/scroll to find the first new post.

This is on a Mac using Safari.

Just the way it works, or is it me?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're missing the point of the post. If you're on a 7 page thread and want to land where you left off, it doesn't work, even from the the Active Posts page, which I already use. It takes you to the PAGE you were on of the thread, but it should also auto-locate you to the latest post within that thread. It doesn't appear to work this way on focusrs.org using Safari on Mac. I've not tried another browser.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I believe there is a setting in you profile that will change it so every time you click a thread it will show automatically go to the first unread.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
You're missing the point of the post. If you're on a 7 page thread and want to land where you left off, it doesn't work, even from the the Active Posts page, which I already use. It takes you to the PAGE you were on of the thread, but it should also auto-locate you to the latest post within that thread. It doesn't appear to work this way on focusrs.org using Safari on Mac. I've not tried another browser.
I re-read your post and came to a new conclusion.
its you...
green orb takes me to the new post every time using chrome

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Works on my Win 10 laptop and Chrome. Doesn't work on my Windows Phone (Denim) browser. On that it does the same thing as the OP is experiencing.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
My issue is that after reading new post I have to manually mark forums read or next time I get new post list threads I've already read are still there. Looking at the thread it self is not updating that I've read it for some reason.

Windows 10
Chrome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
ControlNode
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing