Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Glove box light?

8K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TunaNoCrust 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the simplest way to get to the glove box bulb? I want to replace it with an LED bulb. Also, what kind of bulb is it?

#2 ·
Came across this video a couple weeks ago when trying to figure out what other lights to order from Autobeam along with my sequential indicators:

#3 ·
Came across this video a couple weeks ago when trying to figure out what other lights to order from Autobeam along with my sequential indicators
Thank you so much. It's funny because I've watched several of his videos before, just never noticed this one. At least this gave me a general idea of what to do, HOWEVER I don't agree with how he takes the electrical connector off first THEN takes the light housing out... I think it's much easier to take the light housing out first, making it MUCH easier to unclip that stupid electrical connector.

#5 · (Edited)
Either way seems fine with me. Interesting video. I looked at the Autobeam web site to see what they had for the RS.
Right now they are sold out of the foot well lights.(UK site)

#6 ·
Wow. Looks like I lucked out when I ordered my blue footwell lights a little over a week ago. I ordered them when I ordered my puddle lights, boot panel lights and black sequentials (although those were a pre-order that had just come back up for ordering).

#7 ·
AB is also the only site who sells good looking illuminated door sills for the RS imo...I absolutely can't stand those CEUK ones with the..." wrong logo"...total **** look and quality compared to AB. I've had got the RGB version over year ago, which they even don't carry anymore sadly.

I'm waiting for 1 more part fort the rear bottom reflector conversion to get started, but I have got 3 options for the interior to be upgraded to RGB.

1. ST factory ambient setup to our cars, (It's just a wiring mod and part acquisition like the euro mirrors) -- Limited color choice
2. Adapt another SYNC3 connected version to our cars so you have dash controls. -- Limited color choice
3. Hacked apart Phillips Wiz system controlled via the steering wheel google voice and Smartphone control. e.g. push voice command button "hey google change the RS lights to green". Full RGB, WW/CW. Wired or Wireless for a low cost or easy install option.

I'm leaning toward the 3rd option for myself...the Wiz bulbs are filled with high CRI - full RGB, & Warm/Cool White LEDs. The bulbs that are available at Home Depots all over the US and have motion control modules (car light action based on walking up to car) as well as Bluetooth remotes available; should be a fun weekend teardown project, + you get some free parts for the parts bin and the total setup should cost under 100$ depending on how many lights, the junk you have laying around, and the approach you take- wired or wireless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.