Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if North American market cars get Global Windows (opening all the windows with the fob)?

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Forscan software from Russia worked on my 2013 ST, but the dealers appear to be able to do it now too. Global Windows are on some NA Fords already.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not to intentionally thread necro, but how did your friend "hack them in" ?
There is a piece of software that you use in conjunction with an ELM compatible OBD2 device to read and then write the Body Control Module and change the settings. the software is called Focccus. I've used it on many cars here in my neck of the woods to enable this feature.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
There is a piece of software that you use in conjunction with an ELM compatible OBD2 device to read and then write the Body Control Module and change the settings. the software is called Focccus. I've used it on many cars here in my neck of the woods to enable this feature.
Last I heard it didn't work on MY '15+

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a bluetooth one. Guess it's time to find a usb/serial one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Last I heard it didn't work on MY '15+

It does work on MY15+ now they updates the software. I have modded my MY15 ST3 to have this as well as the shift light delete.

I have a bluetooth one. Guess it's time to find a usb/serial one.
I'm using the OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter and it has worked flawlessly and supports all the CanBus Speeds that Ford uses.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ask your dealer nicely ...I got mine did before taking delivery.

...or find out which mechanic does that work and buy him some beer.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It does work on MY15+ now they updates the software. I have modded my MY15 ST3 to have this as well as the shift light delete.

I'm using the OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter and it has worked flawlessly and supports all the CanBus Speeds that Ford uses.
Awesome!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
When you say 'used it on many cars' - have you ever done it on an RS? I just want to make sure it works before I go bricking anything...

·
Registered
93 Posts
When you say 'used it on many cars' - have you ever done it on an RS? I just want to make sure it works before I go bricking anything...
I have not as I don't have mine yet. However I know that the BCMs are the same from what I can tell for the 15s and 16 STs and I've done those with no issue. If IDS can do it then I'm pretty sure the same option for the RS as well in FoCCCus.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have not as I don't have mine yet. However I know that the BCMs are the same from what I can tell for the 15s and 16 STs and I've done those with no issue. If IDS can do it then I'm pretty sure the same option for the RS as well in FoCCCus.
Hmm ok, I have a friend that has the MX Bluetooth dongle, if I can borrow that from him I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hmm ok, I have a friend that has the MX Bluetooth dongle, if I can borrow that from him I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Yeah man no worries. It's really easy if you do get ahold of one if it connects and can read from the BMC then you're goo to go. option #184 is what you're looking for just switch that to B-Max option and write back. Clear codes that get set. and you're done. Takes 10-15 minutes tops.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is this a thing? I have my car in front of me if anybody knows how ill test it right now!
This is how it works with these last 3 cars I've had (BMW, Honda, Acura): unlock doors with gob immediately after press these unlock button again but hold the button down. If all the windows and the sunroof start to open within a couple of seconds...

I'm assuming this odds what ppl mean by 'global windows'(?).

·
Registered
410 Posts
What specifically should we ask for?

Go to the service dept and say "can you please enable "global windows" on my BCM?

Or... ?

Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
This is how it works with these last 3 cars I've had (BMW, Honda, Acura): unlock doors with gob immediately after press these unlock button again but hold the button down. If all the windows and the sunroof start to open within a couple of seconds...

I'm assuming this odds what ppl mean by 'global windows'(?).
I don't know if the sunroof is included on the Focus or not, but yes. Roll down the windows with the key fob.

What specifically should we ask for?

Go to the service dept and say "can you please enable "global windows" on my BCM?

Or... ?

Thanks for any tips!
Be as specific as possible. If the techs know that you know what you want (and how easy it is to do), they're less likely to tell you that it can't be done or that it's a $100 service or something. I'd just tell my technician that I'd like him to toggle option number 184 via IDS to enable global window operation.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don't know if the sunroof is included on the Focus or not, but yes. Roll down the windows with the key fob.

Be as specific as possible. If the techs know that you know what you want (and how easy it is to do), they're less likely to tell you that it can't be done or that it's a $100 service or something. I'd just tell my technician that I'd like him to toggle option number 184 via IDS to enable global window operation.
Sunroof requires ignition power on 13-14 MY so it does not work with global open close. It's probably the same on 15+.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
33 Participants
nvmaddog
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing