Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, '17 RS owner here. I recently downloaded forscan and wrote the global windows mod to the body control module. Anyone have insight as to whether this could lead to potential power train warranty denial if my head gasket let go?

I called my local dealer and they said that they can see if the ECU or BCM was written to when they connect to IDS, and said I should have no issues with the warranty since what I did will look different than if a tune were written to the ECU. They did say I would need to call ford motor company to get it in writing that my power train warranty would still be honored though..

They also said that if I started having issues with my windows not working, interior lights not working etc THAT would be denied because I modified the BCM. So take note if you plan to do the global windows mod.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You don't volunteer that you are modified, especially for trivial stuff like this. LMAO @ powertrain denied bc global windows though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Global open/global close is a mere setting, it would not show as programming and it sure ain't voiding a warranty. :p

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
+1 @TechJessica

Nice first post, ha.....

Not to mention it's a feature enabled on the rest of the world RS's
and some dealers in North America will do this mod for you, some will do it for free even....

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
+1 @TechJessica87

Nice first post, ha.....

and some dealers in North America will do this mod for you, some will do it for free even....

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 @TechJessica87

Nice first post, ha.....

I made other posts on my computer but it says requires moderator approval? I really don't wanna retype them :( my phone works though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few people have gotten denied warranty work for having the car tuned and returned to stock though, even if they didn't tell the dealer. Get what I am saying? They don't care what was written to the ECU its just the fact that it was modified at all. I had a TPMS sensor fail and they tried to give me a hard time with the warranty repair because I had swapped the tires.. so I was just curious what else they might give us a hard time for.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
A few people have gotten denied warranty work for having the car tuned and returned to stock though, even if they didn't tell the dealer. Get what I am saying? They don't care what was written to the ECU its just the fact that it was modified at all. I had a TPMS sensor fail and they tried to give me a hard time with the warranty repair because I had swapped the tires.. so I was just curious what else they might give us a hard time for.

Thanks for the help!
Find another dealer to work on your car they sound like idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts

Thanks for the help!
The ECU/PCM and BCM are separate modules. Flashing anything to the BCM does not affect engine calibration, headgaskets, etc. You have a better chance of getting powertrain warranty work denied for removing the exhaust valve than you do flashing the BCM.

1. Telling the dealer is only going to hurt you. They likely have no idea what you are talking about and they'll just play it safe and say it's bad.
2. Your dealer sucks. Time to find a new one. Also, please out them so none of us end up dealing with these people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich Ford in Albuquerque. They also said they could not find global windows in IDS with like 5 techs and a manager looking. So yep definitely on the avoid list!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts