Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share. Feel sorry for the guy. He was at work and come out to a horrible nightmare ... I am looking for a good tracker. Anyone have any suggestion?

·
Premium Member
5,428 Posts
I had low jack on my old Evos and the C-Max has the proprietary Ford (also does remote start and vehicle health).

I have a GPS (SWDS) on mine. It work how it should, had a peremeter setup if the car goes out of it I get emailed and texted.

Also speed limit, battery low and battery disconnect....

I was going to upgrade to the remote lock/un-lock but I changed my mind last minute since Compustar does that too with the remote start.

Reactions: big jim

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
I used to have a FANTASTIC GPS tracker on my Integra, a "Zoombak", it was the size of a box of tic-tacs, had cellular built in, geofence alerts and real time location... I don't know what is up with the company though, they don't seem to be very active, if even in business at all anymore

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I also have a security camera with motion detection on my car hole 24/7

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my dog wouldn't have any issues with taking someone out

if my dog is sleeping I have a nice 1911 ready.😈.. but on a serious note just thinking about if I do a store run and have it park in the lot..

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
109 Posts
3 cars, 1 car garage. The RS not in it, but... A faraday box does deter some theft issues.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
3 cars, 1 car garage. The RS not in it, but... A faraday box does deter some theft issues.
In this case, it looks less like they started it, and more like he got inside the car, put it in neutral and broke the steering column lock. Then they used the other car to 'push' it away.

If they had cloned the RFID signal from the FOB then the car would have started up almost immediately and they would have been gone in 30 seconds.

I keep my key's in a faraday cage.

But people are welcome to steal the TransAm. I'd laugh honestly if anyone could actually drive it. Being a big cammed stick-shift car, and knowing how temperamental it is on cold start, they'd be lucky to get it out of the parking stall. The more likely case is they'd find some way to start it, but as soon as they tried to drive off, they'd kill it, and the power steering would die, and they'd crash into the a car on the opposite side of the street.

I consider the GTA to be the "Bonus round" when teaching family to drive stick. The RS is easy, if they do that well enough, I offer to let them drive the GTA. 3 of the 3 people I've offered it to have declined, or simply failed to get the car going because of the Clutch/Gas featherwork required JUST to get the car going off the line. They are lucky, I didn't put that 11lb Fidanza aluminum flywheel on the car. It still has the stock 20lb GM flywheel on it. Even with the stock flywheel, you still have to bring the rev's up to about 2000rpm and feather the clutch till about 10mph. It is literally impossible to simply slip the clutch from idle, it will stall as it does not make enough torque to maintain idle speeds (900rpm) in gear. If you are already moving in gear, and let the idle speed fall, it begins to buck/shudder hardcore around 1500. There is so much overlap in the cam that at those low speeds the reversion of the intake charge will cause all sorts of misfires.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm guilty of not actually watching the video.... I get what you mean though. A thief is only as good as his tools, including his brains.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts