Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I did some calling around and I actually was able to lock in an RS at under MSRP (-$100 lol). Here is the information I wrote down while calling around..

Eldar Ford 3k over msrp $2k deposit (these guys will tell you MSRP over the phone, don't believe them)
Royal Oak Ford: 2 left 5k over msrp
Suburban Ford sterling Heights: MSRP 7-8 allocs (0 remaining, taking names)
Tom Holzer Ford: Taking names, 10 allocations, Doing bids.
Russ Milne Ford: Allocations available 5k over msrp.
Avis Ford: MSRP, sold all retail (?), but have 2 stock allocations, need deposit to be put on the list. $500 deposit
Bill Brown Ford: Don't know allocation, 5k over MSRP
Skalnek Ford: 0 allocation left (I put a deposit on the last one WOOT!)
Szott Ford: $5k over msrp no allocations

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A co-worker went down to Avis and put in his deposit so I'm not sure if they still have any available. Worth a try though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just ordered mine today @ Huntington. There last allocation for MSRP. I talked to Avis last Fri and they had 1 left for MSRP. They were my fall back as they were farther away.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I called Sterling and they said they were getting 13 cars I believe?

Hey everyone I did some calling around and I actually was able to lock in an RS at under MSRP (-$100 lol). Here is the information I wrote down while calling around..

Eldar Ford 3k over msrp $2k deposit (these guys will tell you MSRP over the phone, don't believe them)
Royal Oak Ford: 2 left 5k over msrp
Suburban Ford sterling Heights: MSRP 7-8 allocs (0 remaining, taking names)
Tom Holzer Ford: Taking names, 10 allocations, Doing bids.
Russ Milne Ford: Allocations available 5k over msrp.
Avis Ford: MSRP, sold all retail (?), but have 2 stock allocations, need deposit to be put on the list. $500 deposit
Bill Brown Ford: Don't know allocation, 5k over MSRP
Skalnek Ford: 0 allocation left (I put a deposit on the last one WOOT!)
Szott Ford: $5k over msrp no allocations

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
What do you mean "is a game" ? What was your salesman's name? How do you know you got one of the allocations there for sure?

They were getting 10 at least but I heard somewhere between 10 to 15 is a game. Few of us got it through them and all were at MSRP at the most.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What do you mean "is a game" ? What was your salesman's name? How do you know you got one of the allocations there for sure?
By that I mean anywhere between 10 to 15 is highly likely as I heard different numbers in between, from different sources.

Do you know you got one of allocated cars at your dealership "for sure"?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I don't know ... I have a VOC and a DORA, but I've heard so much confusing **** I have no idea if that means I'm getting one or not. Honestly, this nonsense with Ford is putting a bad taste in my mouth. Some people say it is not a guarantee until you get a VIN and build date, so I really don't know. That's actually what is driving my questions.

By that I mean anywhere between 10 to 15 is highly likely as I heard different numbers in between, from different sources.

Do you know you got one of allocated cars at your dealership "for sure"?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't know ... I have a VOC and a DORA, but I've heard so much confusing **** I have no idea if that means I'm getting one or not. Honestly, this nonsense with Ford is putting a bad taste in my mouth. Some people say it is not a guarantee until you get a VIN and build date, so I really don't know. That's actually what is driving my questions.
We are in the same position. VOC and DORA, conformation from Nick on status but won't know 100% until late December/January when car is scheduled and VIN assigned. But my opinion is that it will most likely happen since it is bigger dealership and they had good number of allocations (or at least claim to do). My only concern was if dealer tries to play these games we have been hearing from other people but I'm confident with VOC that they won't unless Ford raises them.

But I'm with you. Always plan B for me and for you...well go enjoy your GTR you SOB :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't feel like saying my location but were good friends with the dealer and it sounds like I got the only one he got, orders in today, fully loaded with nitrous blue. MSRP!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did any of you guys contact taylor ford? From what I was told when I put my deposit down was I was the 2nd of 3 allocated and I didn't even put my deposit down until the first week of december.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts