Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, straight to the point anyone else need the G1FZ-9S468-A tube assembly for loss of boost in the RS?

Long story - I lost all boost and engine light came on, nothing else out of the ordinary, had code p0299. Car has 30k miles but bumper to bumper warrenty was up from age. and after taking it to the dealer and them looking at it for nearly a WEEK! They told me its not a covered part. So I need to find one and install it.
Been told this part is on back order til 10/22.

So anyone have to install or purschase this part. I was told its the soleniod switch included in this assembly as they could not find any vacuum leaks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
How is this not covered under the powertrain warranty? Did you call Ford Service?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that is what I thought as well, I tried chatting with ford directly but just said to try another dealer and would not help at all. I am not sure who else to ask. They said the ford computer program deal or whatever said it is not a covered part.

So I am not sure what to do. I hate dealers and repair shops I always get the shaft.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If Ford said try another dealer, that sound like it is coverd and that specific dealer didn't want to do it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give TascaParts a try OP...fwiw Tasca some times list parts they don't actually have
I actually ordered from them, came back about and hour later and canceled it as they have no eta on when the back order will be fulfilled....POOPY

If Ford said try another dealer, that sound like it is coverd and that specific dealer didn't want to do it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I will try giving a couple other dealers around a call. But I live in North Central Wisconsin and I took it to the only dealer that I assume would know about these cars lol. But ill give it a shot.

Darn, $32k car with 30k miles already giving me more grief than my old rusty mini cooper!!!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hit up some sellers on ebay who are parting out an RS. Maybe you'll get lucky and they can sell you one for cheap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I replaced both the solenoids. Holy stupid was that a hard job. Just in the worst spot right on the side of engine. But of course hasn’t seemed to fix the problem. Either there is something that needs to be reset, the new part is bad too, or not the issue. Looks like back to the dealer, have them fix the solenoids. And then if it’s not it then they go on to something else... ahhhhh

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Sorry for the bum steer.

Youtube says to check the wastegate, induction piping, and IC
especially

1 - 10 of 10 Posts