Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I love beer. Like, a lot. So much so that I plan to leave the navy to start a brewery. I have posted many beer of the days before but never has all the malty amazingness been collected in one thread of epicness. Please feel free to post your beer of the day below and any info you would like to share such as ABV, IBUS, SRM etc.

Lets keep this thread clean though. Forum rules will need to be complied with.

Fuxalt's personal rules:

1)No Budweiser, Miller, Coors, or any other water lying about being beer allowed. *Post about Wine/Whiskey/Tequila of good taste will be permitted*
2)Home brew items will be accepted unless it meets rule #1
3)Posts about bacon, pizza, or any other good food will be accepted. A small clause about boobies will be allowed unless if conflicts with the forum rules.

Enjoy your beer and may your days and nights be very merry!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First beer will be posted up tonight. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't see an off topic forum. I guess as the site grows and new content is fitted, the mods will move this to the right area.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I didn't see an off topic forum. I guess as the site grows and new content is fitted, the mods will move this to the right area.
Yeah I noticed the same thing about the lack of an OFF TOPIC section. I'm sure it's coming soon.

Don't worry, I'm not cyber-stalking you LOL!! Just really cool seeing so many familiar members here :)

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
Just keep building threads in discussion and we'll have an Off Topic area shortly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well figured I'd have pizza for lunch, and what better to drink than a beer right!

Stone Ruination IPA coming in at 8.2% and over 100 IBUs. This beer hails from California.
3511d1dd554c64e27c4c54320b139ada.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well figured I'd have pizza for lunch, and what better to drink than a beer right!

Stone Ruination IPA coming in at 8.2% and over 100 IBUs. This beer hails from California.
View attachment 108
That picture looks very familiar. Almost like I just saw it somewhere else LOL!

Beer + Pizza = JOY!

EDIT: Good Beer!!

·
Registered
34 Posts

View attachment 108
Oooh that sounds good. I'm now in the market for a good pie. Then I'm going to have to go by the store and get a beer that qualifies for this thread. Lol. All that's in my fridge right now is water claiming to be beer.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Of course one of the first threads here is a beer thread...I guess I'll have to enjoy one or two tonight so I can contribute :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tonight's beer is a Lagunitas Night Time/Fear The Dark Black Ale coming in at 7.9% and 74 glorious IBUs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually had their IPA very recently for the first time...it was damn good.
Their Hop Stoopid is one of my favorite all time beers. I can't really recall ever having a bad brew from them though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Tonight's beer is a Lagunitas Night Time/Fear The Dark Black Ale coming in at 7.9% and 74 glorious IBUs.
Never tried that one. I'm obviously not a beer connoisseur because I had to Google "IBU". International Bitterness Units? I'm asking due to beer ignorance here, but what would you say is a good IBU range for a beer?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never tried that one. I'm obviously not a beer connoisseur because I had to Google "IBU". International Bitterness Units? I'm asking due to beer ignorance here, but what would you say is a good IBU range for a beer?
It honestly depends. How tolerant to bitterness are you? Do you like your coffee black, chocolate dark, etc. I have also drank beers that are 100+IBUs that drink milder than beers that were 60 IBUs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It honestly depends. How tolerant to bitterness are you? Do you like your coffee black, chocolate dark, etc. I have also drank beers that are 100+IBUs that drink milder than beers that were 60 IBUs.
I usually do drink my coffee black. Habit I got into when I was in the Marine Corps. I'd say I'm fairly tolerant to bitterness, but when it comes to beer, not really looking for very bitter. So would around 74 IBUs be middle of the road, in your opinion, as far as beer bitterness goes?

EDIT: Okay I gotcha. I know it's a matter of personal taste. Guess I'll just try a few different beers until I find one suitable to my palate :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I usually do drink my coffee black. Habit I got into when I was in the Marine Corps. I'd say I'm fairly tolerant to bitterness, but when it comes to beer, not really looking for very bitter. So would around 74 IBUs be middle of the road, in your opinion, as far as beer bitterness goes?

EDIT: Okay I gotcha. I know it's a matter of personal taste. Guess I'll just try a few different beers until I find one suitable to my palate :)

Lol no way! 70's is on the more hard core side of things. Middle road would be pale ales which are in the 30's and 40's.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Lol no way! 70's is on the more hard core side of things. Middle road would be pale ales which are in the 30's and 40's.
Okay thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll start out within the 30 to 40 IBU range. There's a BevMo near me. May be time for a little drive. Glad there's a beer expert here I can turn to for advice :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll start out within the 30 to 40 IBU range. There's a BevMo near me. May be time for a little drive. Glad there's a beer expert here I can turn to for advice :p
Sierra Nevada makes some good beer to start out with. Start out with their pale ale. Its pretty safe but will give you a good taste towards to hoppy side of the spectrum.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
23 Participants
Sasquatch
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing