Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll accelerate up an onramp and it always pulls power/torque in second gear under full boost/overboost. What gear does yours seem to fall flat? I don't get that same response in first or third. I think I read somewhere that the ECU pulls power under some conditions, then again, I could be wrong and it may be fuel. Good Luck :)
It's not really that it just falls flat through any gear, it's that it feels like it's cutting out and makes acceleration jerky instead of smooth, and it happens in any gear but most noticeable in 2-3. Before I filled up it was almost like it completely cut out when accelerating but now it feels more like I'm slightly lifting off throttle for a random instant. I can imagine how bad gas might cause this and hopefully with my next full take it will be resolved.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this issue or one similar, I thought I had a bad tank of gas or something, it turned out the plugs had blown the gap and was instantly better after gapping them again.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had this issue or one similar, I thought I had a bad tank of gas or something, it turned out the plugs had blown the gap and was instantly better after gapping them again.
Well damn, guess I'll pull the plugs this weekend to verify gap

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Well, found the issue. 3000 miles and they all look like on the left. On the right is one of the original 25k mile plugs. Guess I'll put the 25k mile plugs back in and order up some new plugs. The original plugs were labeled with YPC at the end, newer plugs didn't have that so I must have ordered or received the wrong plugs... Or counterfeit even since I did buy on Amazon.

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yikes... I am going to replace mine with the ngk ruthenium type ltr6bhx p/n... Made for high density ignition.

Reactions: tom93r1
21 - 25 of 25 Posts