Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So, misterchonger, did you get any grief at the auto-x? Also, do you or anyone else have any before/after dyno numbers for this system? It looks nice and sounds cool, but I would like to know what performance advantage I might expect before I consider purchasing an exhaust system.
Nope, no problems with the exhaust valve open. Many other vehicles with much louder setups. Don't have any dyno numbers, might have to get that from Full Race themselves. I imagine the gains will be similar to many of the other exhaust systems out there which some of them are documented.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Stratified did an exhaust similiar and hey did gain some. All 3" will be close I think they gained 18 hp with supporting mods. I think they have a write up on their site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@misterchonger I just bought a RS with the same exhaust. I've noticed that my valve is always open while the car is idling regardless of the driving mode. I know the valve is working because I can see it self-test (opening and closing) when the driver's door is opened and car is off. Have you noticed the same thing?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@misterchonger I just bought a RS with the same exhaust. I've noticed that my valve is always open while the car is idling regardless of the driving mode. I know the valve is working because I can see it self-test (opening and closing) when the driver's door is opened and car is off. Have you noticed the same thing?
I actually don't have the Full Race exhaust anymore but, yes I remember something similar. The only times I were able to get the valve to close was driving gingerly in Normal mode. Any throttle input and the valve was opening. If it is bothering you, here's some options:

• AWE remote valve control
  • COBB AP - controls valve position based on drive mode
  • Unplug the valve in closed position and use a valve delete plug (not ideal but it's an option).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really like the sound of the exhaust but would like the valve to work as intended so when I get home at night the valve is closed in normal mode. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I really like the sound of the exhaust but would like the valve to work as intended so when I get home at night the valve is closed in normal mode. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, it's a great exhaust.

If you've got no codes, and the valve is going through the self check, it's operating as intended. With a stock muffler it's just hard to audibly tell how often the valve is opening. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually don't have the Full Race exhaust anymore but, yes I remember something similar. The only times I were able to get the valve to close was driving gingerly in Normal mode. Any throttle input and the valve was opening. If it is bothering you, here's some options:

• AWE remote valve control
  • COBB AP - controls valve position based on drive mode
  • Unplug the valve in closed position and use a valve delete plug (not ideal but it's an option).
Any particular reason you don't have the exhaust any more?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Any particular reason you don't have the exhaust any more?
At the time I didn't have a way of manually closing the valve, and with the valve open, it had some drone I didn't want to live with. It was a fantastic sounding exhaust with the valve closed though.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts