Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running Full e85, I'm not asking for gains because I know what you can make off e30,e40,e50 tune already. Not the question or advice I'm looking for. My question is If anyone is full e85 on 2port or 4 port Aux fuel? Have any issues? Did you need to add other items to successfully run Full e85?

Reason I'm asking have tons of e85 stations around me and I don't feel like mixing. Also it's cheaper than getting a HPFP and bigger injectors.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Well I can’t help I am not only e85 but true flex fuel 93 to e85 or any in between.
I went the hpfp and injectors. Yes it’s more but vastly better. Nothing wrong with port injection. Actually has some bonus to it. But with the hpfp you get all the safety features that are built into the car and a very clean look. Less chance of leaks and all the other stuff that goes along with it.
Both work fine but for me it was worth the extra money to to the pump and injectors.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well I can’t help I am not only e85 but true flex fuel 93 to e85 or any in between.
I went the hpfp and injectors. Yes it’s more but vastly better. Nothing wrong with port injection. Actually has some bonus to it. But with the hpfp you get all the safety features that are built into the car and a very clean look. Less chance of leaks and all the other stuff that goes along with it.
Both work fine but for me it was worth the extra money to to the pump and injectors.
I have to agree.

I’m running the tune plus aux fuel kit and if I knew that the labor to wire and install them would be quite high I would of went with:

Ethonol content gauge kit
Direct injectors
Hpfp

I just don’t like the wires and no mechanic is going to wire tuck for free.

FYI I run an ethonol based fuel injector cleaner every month or two to make sure no sludge builds. I’ve ran E85 for the last 8000 miles straight. No surging.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to agree.

I’m running the tune plus aux fuel kit and if I knew that the labor to wire and install them would be quite high I would of went with:

Direct injectors
Hpfp

FYI I run an ethonol based fuel injector cleaner every month or two to make sure no sludge builds. I’ve ran E85 for the last 8000 miles straight. No surging.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

You run 4 port or 2 port? Both replies have been helpful. I'm looking to run Full e85, is alot cheaper than 91 octane where I am at. Just want to make sure I get everything and also see if anyone's has had any problems running flex fuel on their RS

·
Registered
269 Posts
You run 4 port or 2 port? Both replies have been helpful. I'm looking to run Full e85, is alot cheaper than 91 octane where I am at. Just want to make sure I get everything and also see if anyone's has had any problems running flex fuel on their RS
Honestly. The car runs like a dream and I have faith it will never knock unless something is absolutely destroyed. Lol. When on 93 I had all the surging and other problems people talk about but as soon as I switched I knew that car just needed more octane. I keep an eye on temps and air fuel and that’s about it.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Registered
521 Posts
When you say E-85 is a lot cheaper than running 91 octane, you need to remember it takes more E-85 to get the same fuel mileage. It won't necessarily figure out to "a lot" cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I've been 4-port full E85 on both my OE and PTE/NX2 turbo for 5k and 10k miles respectively. My engine cover doesn't fit correctly, and I had to get creative with some split wire loom to hide the cables and it's still a mess, but I've had zero issues with it. Not having to think about mixes is great.
I'm considering switching to a bigger HPFP and injectors when I swap in forged internals, but I like the intake valve washing so I'm still undecided.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been 4-port full E85 on both my OE and PTE/NX2 turbo for 5k and 10k miles respectively. My engine cover doesn't fit correctly, and I had to get creative with some split wire loom to hide the cables and it's still a mess, but I've had zero issues with it. Not having to think about mixes is great.
I'm considering switching to a bigger HPFP and injectors when I swap in forged internals, but I like the intake valve washing so I'm still undecided.
Okay so the engine cover doesn't fit. I was wondering about that. I was curious also if you can go e85 on a two port auxiliary system. I understand now most definitely 4-port can do e85. I watched a video "slow RS" on YouTube and he said going full e85 you dry up the components with e85 because it's corrosive. And would have to replace the HPFP after awhile.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Okay so the engine cover doesn't fit. I was wondering about that. I was curious also if you can go e85 on a two port auxiliary system. I understand now most definitely 4-port can do e85. I watched a video "slow RS" on YouTube and he said going full e85 you dry up the components with e85 because it's corrosive. And would have to replace the HPFP after awhile.
My engine cover fits.

And hence why I keep mentioning ethonol based fuel injector and fuel system cleaner. Haven’t had so much as a hiccup or surge. Cold or boiling. And replace fuel filter after first fill bc the alcohol will clean out the old 93 gunk and could cause lack of flow or clogging.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Registered
109 Posts
Anyone running Full e85, I'm not asking for gains because I know what you can make off e30,e40,e50 tune already. Not the question or advice I'm looking for. My question is If anyone is full e85 on 2port or 4 port Aux fuel? Have any issues? Did you need to add other items to successfully run Full e85?
Reason I'm asking have tons of e85 stations around me and I don't feel like mixing. Also it's cheaper than getting a HPFP and bigger injectors.
Your car will required tunning.
Only other issue, finding full E85 in East Tennessee. Checked our local flex fuel station in the month of February, and the test results were only 50% ethanol!?? As for other items, none required!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have to agree.

Direct injectors
Hpfp

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

How’s the e85 holding up? Still running like a dream. I have P0171 lean at idle and I can’t for the life of me figure it out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts