Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the midst of tuning with stratified. Curious where you Edmonton guys fill up, Anywhere that's by far the best?

·
Registered
163 Posts
A little far away but in Windsor Ontario area the only station I trust is in St. Joachim, an "off brand" XTR who has Shell fuel and most importantly a separate pump for premium! Half of these blender pumps are screwing you when premium is ordered up!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just told by stratified that 91 Shell is the best for your 91 tune and 93 is best at a chevron. Alas we don't have that so husky or petrocan will have to do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Shell v-power 91 is still the best fuel I am aware of, as they do not add ethanol to achieve their octane rating. The other 93/94 octane fuels from Husky et al are only rated that high because of the added ethanol content, and in my experience it's just low quality fuel with a bunch of nasty ethanol it.

I have had issues with ethanol fuels rotting after only a year or so in a Jerry can, gumming up my small engines over the winter, and causing all kinds of problems. Given that my RS will be sitting a lot during winter I am not willing to take that risk even if Ford claims it's fine.

I fill up on 50th street (north of whitemud), as it's a busy station so the fuel should be fresh, in theory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts