Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I plan to install the XDI pump and Injectors this weekend.

Does anyone know the torque spec for the fuel rail bolts? Other cars stated around 91 in-lbs.

Others stated just to hand tight or just a little more than hand tight. I wanted to see if anyone knew the importance of this?

·
Registered
67 Posts
edit

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is for the ST's 2.0 L Ecoboost

7. NOTE: Do not lubricate the new lower Teflon® fuel injector seals.
NOTE: Make sure that new fuel rail bolts are installed.
Push down on the fuel rail above the injectors.
Torque :
Stage 1: 8 Nm
Stage 2: 26°

Reactions: FocusonthisRS

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I plan to install the XDI pump and Injectors this weekend.

Does anyone know the torque spec for the fuel rail bolts? Other cars stated around 91 in-lbs.

Others stated just to hand tight or just a little more than hand tight. I wanted to see if anyone knew the importance of this?
Basic engineering question. If there are no defined torque figures for a fastener then you apply the standard torque for the sized bolt. So measure the bolt dia, say 6mm and apply the standard engineering requirement for a 6mm bolt. Simply google the figure. The 2 commonly use metric grade bolts are 5.8 and 8.8 an 8.8 will have 8.8 on the head usually. So the standard torque for a 6mm grade 8.8 metric bolt is 89 inch pounds plus or minus 18 in pounds.

Ciao

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basic engineering question. If there are no defined torque figures for a fastener then you apply the standard torque for the sized bolt. So measure the bolt dia, say 6mm and apply the standard engineering requirement for a 6mm bolt. Simply google the figure. The 2 commonly use metric grade bolts are 5.8 and 8.8 an 8.8 will have 8.8 on the head usually. So the standard torque for a 6mm grade 8.8 metric bolt is 89 inch pounds plus or minus 18 in pounds.

Ciao
ok based on this the bolt size is 10mm @5.8 class is 33nm or 292 inch lbs or 24 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
This is for the ST's 2.0 L Ecoboost

7. NOTE: Do not lubricate the new lower Teflon® fuel injector seals.
NOTE: Make sure that new fuel rail bolts are installed.
Push down on the fuel rail above the injectors.
Torque :
Stage 1: 8 Nm
Stage 2: 26°

View attachment 343299
These will be TTY bolts so brand new ones are required.

Ciao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts