Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks for the much more civil explanation... always happy to have a civilized exchange.

Certainly not trying to run anyone off, and I don't believe I was "whining". There was some question in this thread about the use or effectiveness of this piece, so I was simply expressing my opinion that yes, it can be useful in certain conditions (simply based on the totally anecdotal experience of "me" and 16 years of track via 4 cars over the years + some observations from others over time). I was also attempting to help clarify what this piece is for to anyone not clear.

I am actually interested in this piece and would like more info about the attachment points.

Re track and chassis stiffness, yes, I did say "anything that increases chassis stiffness is a good thing for track". Re how hard you're pushing, well for sure one person's 6/10ths could be another person's 9/10ths - all relative.
I wasn't saying you were being whiny. I was just saying that as a community, we have faults and we don't need to add to them.

I only go 6/10 on the warmup laps. Lol I'm pretty full on at the track. I've only done track days with point-by passing in the RS. But I've only been passed by two cars in all of 2017. One was a modified Camaro SS that shot flames out of the exhaust at all times. And the other was a fully track prepared M4.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Gosh, gee whiz, I didn't mean to start a firestorm but when I want to buy 'performance equipment' i just wanted to know, as a mechanical engineer, if there was any data to justify the expense. Any big boy or big girl that can make a purchasing decision should now have enough info to make a decision.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Gosh, gee whiz, I didn't mean to start a firestorm but when I want to buy 'performance equipment' i just wanted to know, as a mechanical engineer, if there was any data to justify the expense. Any big boy or big girl that can make a purchasing decision should now have enough info to make a decision.

You should be PROactive and showcase your FEA with your BIGBOY CAD skills. Then everyone will see that it doesn't take a structural engineer credential to realize what that brace can and cant do for our car.

Reactions: jjameson

·
Registered
887 Posts
You should be PROactive and showcase your FEA with your BIGBOY CAD skills. Then everyone will see that it doesn't take a structural engineer credential to realize what that brace can and cant do for our car.
Just trying to enlighten those who would not otherwise know if the product is actually worthwhile for them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a FSWERKS rear stress bar installed in my MK-I SVTF along with their matching front stress bar, both in red.

There is a-world-of-difference in my SVTF handling characteristics with both installed but I had to have the rear suspension re-aligned due to irregular tire wear though.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

So I decided to order since the Black-Friday discount covered the shipping cost [in excess of $25] of the MK-III rear stress bar.

I didn't remove the carpet and forced the bolts thru the carpet & did the trimming with an Xact-o knife. But you can see a slight gap with the carpet & bar due to the fact you can't re-install the plastic clip covers.

Also I'm not a fan of these types of bolts resisting rust & possible seizing in the future; so I coated them with MOBIL-1 synthetic bearing grease [for longevity].

........................................................................................................................................................................

But how come I always have to call the FSWERKS office [after any order] to have any of your stickers sent to me since it seems every time I order any products, I never find a couple stickers in any of the boxes.

Is there a "secret-handshake" or something to get a few of these?

IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I also installed the FSWERKS rear stress bar. The instructions were for an ST since the ST does not have the plastic covers on the carpet in the rear. I also did not remove the carpet to install. I cut a slot in the carpet for the rear bolts to come through and the front bolts came up through the plastic covers so I just trimmed the covers to allow the bolts to come through. I wanted to keep the covers so there would be no gap between the bar support and the carpet. I have not had the time to take it on the twisty roads here but just driving it back and forth to town it is very quiet in the rear over the bumpy roads.

Attachments

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have a FSWERKS rear stress bar installed in my MK-I SVTF along with their matching front stress bar, both in red.

There is a-world-of-difference in my SVTF handling characteristics with both installed but I had to have the rear suspension re-aligned due to irregular tire wear though.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

So I decided to order since the Black-Friday discount covered the shipping cost [in excess of $25] of the MK-III rear stress bar.

I didn't remove the carpet and forced the bolts thru the carpet & did the trimming with an Xact-o knife. But you can see a slight gap with the carpet & bar due to the fact you can't re-install the plastic clip covers.

Also I'm not a fan of these types of bolts resisting rust & possible seizing in the future; so I coated them with MOBIL-1 synthetic bearing grease [for longevity].

........................................................................................................................................................................

But how come I always have to call the FSWERKS office [after any order] to have any of your stickers sent to me since it seems every time I order any products, I never find a couple stickers in any of the boxes.

Is there a "secret-handshake" or something to get a few of these?

View attachment 244129
View attachment 244137
Thanks for posting the pictures. Sorry about the decals. Yes, how about letting me know the secret order number? LOL and I will take care of it for you :D

·
Vendor
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I also installed the FSWERKS rear stress bar. The instructions were for an ST since the ST does not have the plastic covers on the carpet in the rear. I also did not remove the carpet to install. I cut a slot in the carpet for the rear bolts to come through and the front bolts came up through the plastic covers so I just trimmed the covers to allow the bolts to come through. I wanted to keep the covers so there would be no gap between the bar support and the carpet. I have not had the time to take it on the twisty roads here but just driving it back and forth to town it is very quiet in the rear over the bumpy roads.
Thanks for the picture and your feedback :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts