Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A. 17' Focus RS Headlights

B. 17km's / 10miles on the clock when they were replaced with aftermarket headlights.

C. $1500 AUD for both - Negotiable (Shipping & Import tax is a b*tch)

D. Sydney, Australia.

E.
20190122_151143.jpg

Hey guys, new to the forum's but have been getting busy on my Instagram and on Facebook within the RS community :)
Looking forward to posting more, and reading up!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What brand/model aftermarket headlights did you ended up going with?
I ended up going with a set of headlights that are sold pretty much all over the place by different vendors.
I got my set off eBay.
87-1001729-installed.jpg

To see how they look on car, check my Insta :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Gotta ask:

The aftermarket headlights you're using now; how did you install the OEM D3S HID bulb assembly into the housing? I could only find housing assemblies that say for Focus "Halogen w/o HID".

Or are there housing assemblies available for OEM HIDs?

Or is HID lighting an option on the RS in Australia?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta ask:

The aftermarket headlights you're using now; how did you install the OEM D3S HID bulb assembly into the housing? I could only find housing assemblies that say for Focus "Halogen w/o HID".

Or are there housing assemblies available for OEM HIDs?

Or is HID lighting an option on the RS in Australia?
HID Lighting is default in AUDM i think.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Are they not compatible? Dammit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe what XRJoe is saying the lens are manufactured so the way light hits the road is different when you are sitting in the passenger seat & driving versus us [USA/CAN/MEX] sit in the "real" driver's seat.... =D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Are they not compatible? Dammit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What @4rd SVT said. They will likely plug in, but the high side of the cutoff is going to be in the face of oncoming traffic, vs lighting up road signs on the right side of the road.

EDIT: Unsure due to further posts below if they will work, due to how the high beam is controlled.

headlight-cutoff.png

·
Registered
295 Posts
What @4rd SVT said. They will likely plug in and work fine,
This has been said before, but I don't believe that any of the Non North American market headlights will work in a North American RS. The Euro and Australian market cars both have the vertical adaptive beam which is light sensor controlled. Ford went to great lengths to remove this feature and install a simple high low beam solenoid controlled flap on the North American RS.
The prices of the headlight units make testing a bit expensive, but maybe someone will buy and try. I'm quite sure shipping from Australia would not be cheap.

·
Registered
722 Posts
This has been said before, but I don't believe that any of the Non North American market headlights will work in a North American RS. The Euro and Australian market cars both have the vertical adaptive beam which is light sensor controlled. Ford went to great lengths to remove this feature and install a simple high low beam solenoid controlled flap on the North American RS.
The prices of the headlight units make testing a bit expensive, but maybe someone will buy and try. I'm quite sure shipping from Australia would not be cheap.
Fantastic point. I'll edit my previous reply.

Someone buy these and try it out!! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hahahaha "real" drivers seat,
Let's not start that debate :rofl2:

I'm not sure whether they're compatible or not. I have heard of people using them without issue though :smilet-digitalpoint

1 - 20 of 23 Posts