Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A. Item for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.): DMGFab Aluminum Skidplate (Winter version), includes brand new mounting hardware
B. Condition: Used and dirty!
C. Price/What you want to trade for: 125$cad
D. Location of item: Laval, Qc, Canada

This listing is for a used DMGFab Aluminum Skidplate (Winter version), including brand new hardware kit for mounting (hardware not pictured but sitting on my workbench at home at the moment)!

Plate itself is just dirty but otherwise in great condition never really took any major hit thankfully! Replace the OE POS with this plate and enjoy winter driving at its best with your RS!!

Local pickup in Laval, Qc (Canada) or at my office on the Mirabel international airport or may arrange meeting up if convenient for both the buyer and myself!

Sorry didn't have cardboard/pen available in my parents garage where it was stored when I took the pictures. Given this is local pickup only and many members here can vouch for my past sales, I hope this is alright for this time!!

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
A. Item for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.): DMGFab Aluminum Skidplate (Winter version), includes brand new mounting hardware

This listing is for a used DMGFab Aluminum Skidplate (Winter version), including brand new hardware kit for mounting (hardware not pictured but sitting on my workbench at home at the moment)!

Plate itself is just dirty but otherwise in great condition never really took any major hit thankfully! Replace the OE POS with this plate and enjoy winter driving at its best with your RS!!

Local pickup in Laval, Qc (Canada) or at my office on the Mirabel international airport or may arrange meeting up if convenient for both the buyer and myself!

Sorry didn't have cardboard/pen available in my parents garage where it was stored when I took the pictures. Given this is local pickup only and many members here can vouch for my past sales, I hope this is alright for this time!!

View attachment 356549
View attachment 356548

What did you replace it with?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you replace it with?
I’ll be running the summer (ducted) version from DMGFab year round from now on.

Sold my OE undertray to a co-worker who owns an NB RS and selling the winter plate here. Been keeping too many parts for this car and now getting rid of what is not really needed to free up some space. Also posting one of my 4 sets of wheels for sale! Definitely too much wheels too!!

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 356549
View attachment 356548
I’m actually in a desperate need for one. There’s no way you can ship it out to me? I’m willing to pay for shipping as well. I’m located in (New Jersey,USA)

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m actually in a desperate need for one. There’s no way you can ship it out to me? I’m willing to pay for shipping as well. I’m located in (New Jersey,USA)
I just replied to your skidplate thread!!

I must admit with the cheapest plate being 350$cad at the moment on raptor racing it’s probably worth estimating shipping costs!! After all I’m only asking about 100usd with current exchange rate so even if shipping was 75-80usd it’s still much cheaper for you in the end.

Please PM me your zip code and I’ll look into it over the week-end if you’re serious about it! Need to take measurements and weight it but the “wings” can be taken off for smaller shipping size, provably wouldnt be too bad in the end…

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know for sure if it would fit an ST? A local guy is asking if if will fit his ST.

Based on my ex’s SE and my previous ST I feel where this plate mounts to the radiator support and at the control arms support would be the same on an SE/ST…given this plate is the non-ducted one I feel chances are high it would fit. At the most it might need grinding off the deflector pieces on the inner side which dont provide much effect (if any at all) anyways!

I’m pretty sure the fwd mounting points are compatible (they are same as OE and probably same across the focus lineup) but dont know if the control arm or subframe where the two aft mounting bolts go through have that hole in the same location…

If it doesnt sell here and this guy is willing to try it on to confirm fitment I might just propose that he drops by to see if we can fit it!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump still available!!

Havent had time to look into shipping costs yet.

And based on pictures of the SE/ST underside it probably wont fit anything other than the RS. They do not seem to have the holes we do in the LCA mounts!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would think you could just slap postage and don't bend stickers on it to mail it. Can't imagine it getting hurt otherwise.
That’s pretty much how I imagined shipping it also…hardware taped in a plastic bag and perhaps a layer of bubble wrap just cause I have it handy…otherwise it’s pretty much indestructible!

Just need to measure it next time I go to my parent’s place, it’s stored in their garage with a few of my sets of wheels 🤣

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would have taken this off your hands if it was the ducted version.. local to you as well..
Did you go with a raptor racing one again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes my ducted plate is also made by DMGFab and bought it from Raptor.

I debated about which one I would sell and decided to keep the ducted one in case I go back to the track in the summer time for the added cooling.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would have taken this off your hands if it was the ducted version.. local to you as well..
Did you go with a raptor racing one again?

Dont know if you’re still running the stock undertray or if you already have a non-ducted plate for winter season…but if you’re looking to save the stock undertray you could swap plates at the same time you swap winter tires on/off. That’s what I used to do with the stock tray initially and the ducted plate when I got it, or do it during my oil change if it was about time to swap plates too. Take only a few minutes to do so.

Let me know if you change your mind on the non-ducted version…100$ for a local forum member would be fine too!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Dont know if you’re still running the stock undertray or if you already have a non-ducted plate for winter season…but if you’re looking to save the stock undertray you could swap plates at the same time you swap winter tires on/off. That’s what I used to do with the stock tray initially and the ducted plate when I got it, or do it during my oil change if it was about time to swap plates too. Take only a few minutes to do so.

Let me know if you change your mind on the non-ducted version…100$ for a local forum member would be fine too!
I appreciate the tip and offer, but it’s only a summer car. Would love to your the RS next summer if you still have it. Do you go to Icar is other tracks?
I find icar hard to manage with the concrete. I’d love to book Tremblant but my exhaust is too loud unfortunately

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate the tip and offer, but it’s only a summer car. Would love to your the RS next summer if you still have it. Do you go to Icar is other tracks?
I find icar hard to manage with the concrete. I’d love to book Tremblant but my exhaust is too loud unfortunately

Sure let me know next summer! I have been to Tremblant twice and Mecaglisse once (although using their Subaru WRX hatch for summer rally driving school). Been to Mecaglisse twice in winter with the RS for ice driving event and winter rally school day.

If you dont like iCar concrete and your exhaust is too loud for Tremblant you would probably be better at Mecaglisse, their pavement is ultra smooth and the shorter track is very fun! No noise db limit either that I know of! I was considering registering to one of their open track day next summer!

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you can figure shipping to US (97389 - commercial address) I'd be interested.
I’ll look into it, my rough estimates vary greatly with size and weight.

So far 36x36x4in / 25lbs is 118$cad + 15%tax = 135$cad

Using 36x30x4in / 25lbs is down to 82$cad +tx = 94$cad…

I’ll try to refine that based on actual values and get back to you in a PM. Posting prelim quotes here for anyone else that could be interested to give an idea about cost of shipping!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts