Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Stealth Grey for sale. Purchased new in October 2018 - balance of FoMoCo warranty to Oct 2021. 16,500 miles; I use as occasional toy.
Asking $44.5k OBO.
phone: 917 442 3600 (Mountain Time Zone)
Dropbox of photos being prepared

Options List:
  • Equipment Group 600A
  • Michelin Super Sport Tires (have approx. 6,000 miles on them; virtually new condition) with 19' painted alloy wheels
  • RS2 Package (power heated mirrors; heated seats/steering wheel; Navigation Voice Sync)
  • Weather Tech Winter Mats (front and rear). Original Mats still in Wrapper.

Ford Maintence: HEAD GASKET SERVICE COMPLETED runs great

Performance Upgrades:
  • Mountune Rear Motor Mount
  • Mountune B4 Package
  • KW Automotive item 39030001 DDC Plug and Play Suspension Kit
  • Short Shifter
  • Mountune Uprated Air Recirculation Valve
  • Rally Armor Mud Flaps (blue logo)

·
Registered
206 Posts
WOW! What a great background! Car looks super clean too! GLWS! (y)

PS: Do you think I might get the Ferrari next to you for the same price? :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GLWS. Curious what warranty is left with the Mountune B4 installed?
That's an interesting question; When I bought the car 3 years ago, Ford was selling Mountune products through their performance group. Literally, you could order from your Ford dealer and have the parts installed at the dealership. So, I'd guess they'd have a real relations issue voiding the warranty with parts they sold! Last time I checked, Ford stopped the relationship with Mountune, so I guess that party is over. Not sure why.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! What a great background! Car looks super clean too! GLWS! (y)

PS: Do you think I might get the Ferrari next to you for the same price? :p
Funny, no I tried to buy it from him a few years back and the prices have now gone nuts - This 575 Maranello is a manual shift car which in Ferrari world has amped the value over F1 tranny cars significantly. The gent who owns it a good pal and he was astounded how the Lil'ol RS Ford smoked him in some twistys. Remember, we are at about 6500 feet and the RS with the tune and turbo loses zero hp...the Ferrari Loses about 20% as it is normally aspirated. Think on this: 575M hp at sea level is 515: at 6500 ft about 412 hp. 575M weighs at least 3800 lbs. Focus RS with mild tune runs at 400 hp at sea level and same at 6500 feet and weighs about 3400 pounds. Ferrari @9.22 lbs to hp vs. Ford @8.5 lbs to hp...another win for Ford vs. Ferrari! And, the fact that we run AWD with sticky tires makes the RS a crazy good street fighter. A true wolf in sheep's clothing!
I know that I'll regret selling...

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Funny, no I tried to buy it from him a few years back and the prices have now gone nuts - This 575 Maranello is a manual shift car which in Ferrari world has amped the value over F1 tranny cars significantly. The gent who owns it a good pal and he was astounded how the Lil'ol RS Ford smoked him in some twistys. Remember, we are at about 6500 feet and the RS with the tune and turbo loses zero hp...the Ferrari Loses about 20% as it is normally aspirated. Think on this: 575M hp at sea level is 515: at 6500 ft about 412 hp. 575M weighs at least 3800 lbs. Focus RS with mild tune runs at 400 hp at sea level and same at 6500 feet and weighs about 3400 pounds. Ferrari @9.22 lbs to hp vs. Ford @8.5 lbs to hp...another win for Ford vs. Ferrari! And, the fact that we run AWD with sticky tires makes the RS a crazy good street fighter. A true wolf in sheep's clothing!
I know that I'll regret selling...
Careful, you’re coming dangerously close to reversing your decision....🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Parting is always such sweet sorrow! Space and money are always at a premium...so on to the next. Please let all your friends who may be interested in bidding on this SG Beauty: my reserve is very reasonable. Someone is going to get a great sorted machine; Check it out on Shiftgate a new enthusiast auction site: 2017 Ford Focus RS - ShiftGate Online Classic Car Auctions in USA & Canada

1 - 8 of 8 Posts